Play Time?

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
How does everyone's Bulldogs play together? I feel as though ours play pretty rough with each other however they both always go back for more[emoji39]. Is this just normal bully play?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yes. Mine are very rough with each other. Most would think they're fighting.

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
This is Jack and my friend's puppy.. he absolutely loved having some company, and enjoyed playing around :)
1075jkh.jpg

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella plays extremely hard. There is a lot of wrestling, spittle, grunting. It's awesome to see!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Mine do all of the time! They love biting each others cheeks. We give them little time outs sometimes when they get too "ruff". Lol

image.jpeg

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yes mine play like they are killing each other. The growls, grunts and slamming into each other would send most running for the hills. We just turn up the volume on the tv! I do give them a "calm down" command if i think they are getting too revved up. It's funny though, because if they have a small toy that they are playing with, they will slow down enough to gently take it out of the others mouth, so as not to grab a lip or face!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Mine used to play HARD in the morning, and at night before bed. No matter how loud I put the TV,I couldn't hear it. If anyone ever came in here at those times,they would quickly leave. It sounded like a horrible dog fight-3 growling and wrestling. Lizzie doesn't get into it-she gets angry if something hurts!! I miss their wrestling matches,as now they have grown up too much, I guess.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Well, I only have one bully, Winnie, but I have two other dogs. She plays really rough with Jack and Gus. They sometimes sound like they're killing each other--lots of barking, growling and rolling around. Yep, when they start, there's no hearing the TV. Now that I have Gus, sometimes when they get too riled up, I put him in the crate for a time out. He's really starting to bark and growl and show his teeth, and he looks even more like a chupacabra than ever!

OP
Utley

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
OMG I can't help but laugh. It sounds like most play the same way [emoji39]. Thank you all for your comments.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Love it when they do the turkey leg move and try to grab each others legs. Mine play hard too. Lots of grunting, head butting, etc.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ours always play hard and do not stop -- it is a bully thing! We have a Bulldog snd a Frenchie-- and having worked at a daycare--- it is a bully thing. [emoji2][emoji2]

OP
Utley

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
Ours always play hard and do not stop -- it is a bully thing! We have a Bulldog snd a Frenchie-- and having worked at a daycare--- it is a bully thing. [emoji2][emoji2]

Question for you. When you worked at the day care was there ever more then one bully there and if so did they play like that and how did other non bully dogs react?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Question for you. When you worked at the day care was there ever more then one bully there and if so did they play like that and how did other non bully dogs react?

Very few bulldogs came in and the ones that did usually were there on different days. what is interesting is, most of the Bulldogs that did come would not really interact with the other dogs, they were 'wallflowers' and just like to watch except for two of the... they wanted to just rough house with all the dogs, so we placed them in with the smallers dogs and they would nicely interact. Also since we would have 50-100 dogs a day, rough play was discouraged and we would take the hyper dogs for a walk around the building to get some energy out to avoid fights.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.