Clementine: Red or Fawn?

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Wish I knew how to post a poll. I need some input. When you see Clementine next to Millie and Ida, both red brindle, don't you think Clementine is red and white? Her papers say she's fawn and white. Which do you think? The breeder said we could change it to red and white if I want to. I guess I thought "fawn" was really blond. :confused:

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I have Belly down as Fawn and piebald. Cassie was a tan and white (what you would call blond) I think of Fawn like a baby deer..fawn.. sort of reddish brown.

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Scooby Doo is Fawn lol.. Can you compair her to him.. Chief is Fawn..

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Fawn is a soft blending of color, the main color is almost made to glow. Yes, Blonde is fawn, and red fawn does also classify in this category.

But I would say she is more red than red fawn. I would actually classify her as a red and white piebald. She is adorable!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I was going to say piebald also. White and red piebald. I think the fawn is more Molly coloring and the red is like Vegas R. That's my vote. White and Red piebald. Orion has the fawn patches on her head.

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Ugh! So many choices! My husband and I were on the patio, looking at her in the sun. He says he thinks of fawn as the color of a fawn (like Bambi), not blond. She is the color of a fawn, I guess. She's not AS red as Ida. I have a question... WHAT is piebald? (It doesn't sound good!)

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I think piebald is basically a white bulldog with colored patches. Instead of a red bulldog with white patches. It also has to do with the color of their skin under the patches.

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
A piebald English bulldog is described with piebald coloring, which is random white spots occurring throughout the dog's coat. There are several variations, including red piebald, red brindle piebald, brindle piebald and black and white

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Here is a definition I found...
Piebald is a non-symmetrical, random white pattern occurring throughout the dog's coat. Bulldogs have several variations of piebald coloring: red piebald, red brindle piebald, fawn brindle piebald, brindle piebald. This means that those colors occur as spots or "saddles" on a white background. It should be noted that a "perfect" piebald is preferable to a muddy brindle or defective solid color.

So it looks like coloring on a white background.?.?

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Hmmm.... Well, I guess there are some piebald areas on Clementine, but also some solid. So is she still considered a piebald?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If she has more white than color, and her patches of color are non symmetrical, I believe she would be considered piebald.

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Is her belly white? I think from what I can see of her she looks to be a red and white piebald.

L

Lucy-licious

I would say red and white like my Lucy who is also piebald. :D

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
lol it's so hard to decide! I would say red and white piebald for Clementine. I searched pictures on the colors when I was looking and they kept showing a wide range of colors. Our breeder said fawn comes in so many shades. After reading the definition of piebald though I don't know why she said Belly was piebald :confused:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.