Anyone ever felt like getting a guard dog for our bulldogs?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
There's this company that goes door-to-door in the major cities of my province that employs very aggressive sales tactics. Including inviting themselves inside the home even though they weren't welcome or was already told that the homeowners aren't interested in their services/products. :sneaky2:

This one sales person tried to do just that and when he tried to be friendly with the boys my overprotective mom mode kicked in. After changing the tone of my voice, from calm to strictly assertive, the guy finally left. All I could think of after was that the boys needed a tough looking brother/sister because they're just too trusting of strangers. There I was trying to get rid of the guy and all they were doing was wiggling their bums! :smh: :ohmy:

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie thinks every new person who comes to our house has come just to see her. She barks when she hears something outside--anything outside. Jack is friendly, but he's a talker, a loud talker, so sometimes people are afraid of him. He's better than nothing I guess!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sigh… I SO miss my Roxie girl, everybody thought she was a pit so they were afraid. She was the sweetest dog on the planet… Lol I don't open the door for anyone that I don't know… I'm home alone most of the time and I do NOT trust people!!!

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
I know what you mean. Both of our bullies run to grab a toy and start the butt wiggles whenever someone comes over[emoji190][emoji39].

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes, I agree...Cami is very protective inside our home if she hears a noise
but totally loses any aggression once anyone is inside. Outside, she is so
loving to anyone & any animal she sees, my son described her to me (he
drove 5 hours to pick her up) as a big ole' tub of love, it is exactly her ;)

I once had 2 Catahoulas (brothers) that struck immediate fear in every one.
100 lbs of solid muscle, naturally docked tails (some are born w/ tails) and
huge chests with triangle shaped heads...most thought they were pits. And,
Catahoulas are very protective (not mean tho)...I miss my boys, Leo & Beo,
short for King Leonides & Beowulf...magnificent in every way.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sigh… I SO miss my Roxie girl, everybody thought she was a pit so they were afraid. She was the sweetest dog on the planet… Lol I don't open the door for anyone that I don't know… I'm home alone most of the time and I do NOT trust people!!!

same here.... I never open my door if i am not expecting someone. The neighbors we talk with, we told them to text us beofer coming over so we know to answer the door :) HATE solicitations

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had two Belgian Malanois, who died within months of each other. I felt totally safe when they were here to protect us. Without them,my only protection is the fact that many people think any bulldog is a Pitbull!!! :bulldog::yikes:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sales people like that could never make it here! Im surprised in this day and age people are still like that! Our 2 bark their heads off whenever they hear someone at the door but are extra friendly when we let people in. It always amazes me how many people think that EBDs are vicious and mean when it couldn't be farther from the truth.

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
ef0933d44646692b5d57acda49dcbe4e.jpg

This guy is the protective one. It's actually really tough to gain his trust if you are new to our scene

883b7460fcfe8b2ce47e610116c0a307.jpg

This guy is a wigglebottom with all people and dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
FTSE won't let anyone in our house, garden and for that matter even touch the fence or walk by our car at the service station he comes across as a mean nasty boy not the loving little Angle that he really is.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
098.jpg055.jpg085.jpgxmaseve2014 017.jpg117.jpg
1st pic Odin see,s them coming, Diva lies down to trip them up, Odin and Diva attack, Dakota and Odin finish em off, Diva says Thanks for Coming NEXT !
JOKIN
the rare occasion we get someone come too the house they rarely get out of there cars, due to the dogs barking and if they get a look of Odin on the deck they leave all good !

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
same here.... I never open my door if i am not expecting someone. The neighbors we talk with, we told them to text us beofer coming over so we know to answer the door :) HATE solicitations

I don't answer the door when I'm home alone usualy JW I have nothing against them but have my own religion and never to the neighbours, made that mistake too many times not again

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
My boys are very friendly but do not try to come into the house ever without permission. Especially if my husband is not home. They all get very protective. Even the labs! I had a persistent Verizon guy at my door on night, I happened to be outside and he would not take "not interested" for an answer. Finally I said, "do you hear the dogs inside? They are not happy you are here bothering me, would you like to meet them"? He left my yard real quick.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
ef0933d44646692b5d57acda49dcbe4e.jpg

This guy is the protective one. It's actually really tough to gain his trust if you are new to our scene

883b7460fcfe8b2ce47e610116c0a307.jpg

This guy is a wigglebottom with all people and dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What gorgeous bullies!

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I've lied and told sales people Canelo's will bite. The pizza delivery peeps know Canelo and can't wait to see him. They now leave their car doors open to see him run and jump in their cars, lol. He loves the smell of their cars!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.