Oh Georgia

Sep 19, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Hey guys and girls, my fiancé and I purchased an English Bulldog last Sunday! We decided to name her Georgia, where we got engaged earlier this year. We are so thankful for her! Unfortunately, she's been having boogers for the past couple of days and we finally got to take her to the vet this afternoon and we got her some meds for her runny nose. Also they "D-Wormed" her while we were there. She is only 10 weeks old so I understand that she's just a baby. Should we worry that she started to shake? She also is very sleepy and has been sleeping all through the car ride home and now home. Should we be concerned? We also gave her the medicine but i believe she started feeling shaky even before i gave her the meds. THANK YOU!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I don't know what you mean about shaking. She could have a reaction to whatever the vet gave her, or it could be low blood sugar. If you have some Kayro syrup,honey,or even some pancake syrup=try giving her some, and see if her shaking stops. If you have none of those things, feed her some of her food.

OP
Oh Georgia

Oh Georgia

Sep 19, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
When we got home she actually ate her portion. I also gave her vitamins covered in Peanut Butter and she ate it. Thanks again.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN & congratulations on your adorable puppy, Georgia!

The shaking could be from so many things, even just nerves from leaving
Mom & Siblings. Bulldogs are very sensitive to change (all their lives) and,
she's a young baby so it's all new! Meds can cause reactions and so can low
blood sugar.

There's a lot to learn but EBN has you covered, lots of information under Forums
so please read the many articles on raising a bully baby. If she continues to shake
or any questions on other things, please, just ask us.

We're gonna need more pics, many more pics of sweet Georgia :)

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Hello! Congratulations on your new baby! And welcome to EBN.

By shaking do you mean shivering? Did you tell your vet about it? shivering could also mean pain OR simply that she is feeling cold. Does she have fever? i hope she gets well soon.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.