Winnie--what a good girl!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I just have to brag on Winnie. She is now loving the new puppy. She follows him around and no longer snarls, even when he humps her! I was a little worried the first day we had him, well Saturday and Sunday. She's still pretty stingy with her toys, but she's like that with Jack too. Jack just lets her take stuff away from him. So does Gus so far. She looks like a big dog now. I was still thinking of her as a puppy before we got Gus.
image.jpg She's also not very jealous now! Yay!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I knew she would come around, that Winne girl. Love that tongue. :D

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
lol GREAT NEWS , so glad to hear , I have this all going on in my mind introducing Rosie to the older pack members Saturday

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hey! [MENTION=8958]natski282[/MENTION] I was wondering, when are you going to pick Rosie up??:p

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=13140]Donnam[/MENTION] That is the cutest picture! Love Winnie's tongue-it didn't take her long to accept her new family member!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I just have to brag on Winnie. She is now loving the new puppy. She follows him around and no longer snarls, even when he humps her! I was a little worried the first day we had him, well Saturday and Sunday. She's still pretty stingy with her toys, but she's like that with Jack too. Jack just lets her take stuff away from him. So does Gus so far. She looks like a big dog now. I was still thinking of her as a puppy before we got Gus.
View attachment 91214 She's also not very jealous now! Yay!

Winnie, you're such a good girl!!!!!! Lots of treats and love for you. :D (Also, man, she looks like a big girl now! No more puppy face on her! Gorgeous!)

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
lol GREAT NEWS , so glad to hear , I have this all going on in my mind introducing Rosie to the older pack members Saturday

I have found that it's usually pretty easy to introduce a puppy. Older dogs really seem to understand that they're puppies. My older dogs (especially my males) have always immediately become very protective of the babies. I think Winnie was a little slow because Gus is an older puppy and she's never been around a puppy. She's always been the puppy. She's only 14 months old. They are sleeping on the couch together right now.
image.jpg

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I have found that it's usually pretty easy to introduce a puppy. Older dogs really seem to understand that they're puppies. My older dogs (especially my males) have always immediately become very protective of the babies. I think Winnie was a little slow because Gus is an older puppy and she's never been around a puppy. She's always been the puppy. She's only 14 months old. They are sleeping on the couch together right now.
View attachment 91215

Thanks think My main worry is ours are big dogs and play rough and the pup will want to get right in there I bet , the other dogs play a ton Odin is 101 lbs of major rough house , think there size worries Me more then anything , I can handle attitude towards the pup I think lol

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
One other thing I think I am falling in love with Gus he is a pretty cool dude a good looking boy I am very curious about his temperament and would love to see him go thru his learning stages , looks to be a wonderful pup

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She's all growed up but as sweet as ever, I completely agree that it's easier to introduce a puppy into the pack too. It's like a sixth sense with most older dogs.

Those are adorable pics.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Love the pictures... They will be best buds in no time

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Thanks think My main worry is ours are big dogs and play rough and the pup will want to get right in there I bet , the other dogs play a ton Odin is 101 lbs of major rough house , think there size worries Me more then anything , I can handle attitude towards the pup I think lol

When I got Winnie at 8 weeks, I already had Jack who is my 80 lb Aussie mix. He was immediately very protective of her, but boy did he play rough! He would run over her, roll her over, bite her arms, legs and neck. She would yelp like he was killing her and then go right back for more. When I expressed concern to the vet, she said, "That's why puppies are made of rubber." She never got hurt. I'm sure she hurt Jack more than he ever hurt her--those baby teeth!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg And a belly pic:image.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=13140]Donnam[/MENTION] So cute. Love the belly picture! Love what the vet said "That's why pups are made of rubber!!!" Good one~! :jumping:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.