bulldog owners can relate??

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
well by now most of you know that i am a little crazy, obsessive , or someone with serious issues about my bulldogs... whatever i am labeled at , i was curious if anyone else does this too....
I bought a bulldog from a great breeder that i just love.. it is where i got my perfect man (miss him so much) when i got him i found the owners of one of the pups that was in his litter on facebook .This , believe it or not it really helped me when i lost my perfect man.. when i see his brother i can't believe how much they looked alike and it is kinda fun talking about the crazy things they both did even though they are hundreds of miles apart..
But the best part is when i lost my perfect man the owners of his brother, that only knew me from him, still kept me as a friend and let me enjoy their wonderful pictures of my odie's brother.. i just think it is nice to know a perfect stranger cares enough to let me still keep in touch.. i mean they enjoyed seeing pictures of him also but now that he's gone they still keep me as friend.. this world does have good people or is it the owners of a bulldog know how they touch the heart of people and can relate better? whatever the reason i think its great..
10612992_10205016341627263_8692678761908664243_n.jpg

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I've gotten many wonderful "far away friends" that I've never met only because we share the love of bulldogs. I enjoy their bulldogs a lot, seeing all the different personalities is great and so much fun :) I worry and cry for them if they are ill, it really is like "if you love one you love them all". I know that I wouldn't be able to deal with the loss of one of mine if it wasn't for this forum and my new found bulldog friends.

I'm sorry for your loss, bulldogs really have a way of stealing ones heart<3

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
yes they do.. . thank you petra.. my rescue has become a mommy's boy the longer we have him and reminds me of my perfect man (odie) he makes me smile more and more.. Odie is and will always be in my heart.. loosing him was a devastating time in my life.. its the part of life we all hate... the ending, but the memories won't ever end...he's made a permanent spot in my heart.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
That's great, I am sure they understand totally and if the situation was reversed I am sure you would do the same, I find the bulldog community on here just so wonderful and caring, we sometimes have a bulldog day here in melb Australia and I find all the people are so kind and helpful and have a great love for this amazing breed I would love to know some of Bazza's brothers and sisters !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
there are many members here that can totally relate to what you are saying cause they have/are living it -- botht eht bulldog and thier 'true' owners are a very special breed. I may be bias, but I see it more in bully breed owners than in others

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I as very sorry for your loss as you know I also took a hit when I lost Tilly a couple of months back and know exactly what it feels like .
The friendship I received here and from many in the small community that I live in I had No idea how much they cared for Tilly until they found that she had passed some were in tears , I have limited friends on FB maybe less then 30 mostly dear old friends that I knew in Toronto before we moved to here . I think Bulldog owners know what the breed means to bulldog owners and I think we all agree that they truly are a special type of four legged family member . You have a special friend there as I do with the Bully owners here they truly helped Me beyond words .

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
That's great, I am sure they understand totally and if the situation was reversed I am sure you would do the same, I find the bulldog community on here just so wonderful and caring, we sometimes have a bulldog day here in melb Australia and I find all the people are so kind and helpful and have a great love for this amazing breed I would love to know some of Bazza's brothers and sisters !

Have you ever heard of Larry Appley he is a radio personality in Australia and is a friend of mine , he has two Airedales that he is in total love with great guy supports many animal get together down there . Something about Canada and Australia there seems to be some kind of connection for us all . I will get there one day it is on My bucket list ! lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.