8 year old bulldog

RunningMan

Sep 17, 2015
Country
United states of Merica
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I am looking for advise on adopting a senior female bulldog. As far as I know she is in good health, however I have not got to meet this beautiful girl yet. Are there any signs or concerns I should be looking out for?

Attachments

• 00P0P_2aF4DxUSi9Y_600x450.jpg
    00P0P_2aF4DxUSi9Y_600x450.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 00A0A_hYlkXdw6wZA_600x450.jpg
    00A0A_hYlkXdw6wZA_600x450.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 110

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Are you adopting from a rescue, or a private owner?

OP
R

RunningMan

Sep 17, 2015
Country
United states of Merica
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
It's a private individual, She needs to be rehomed cause they say they can't take her where they are moving. I don't get to meet her until tomorrow.

OP
R

RunningMan

Sep 17, 2015
Country
United states of Merica
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
In the attached pics, her left eye looks blacked out, but not for sure.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It is hard for me to believe that people "get rid" of their dogs, because they are moving. My husband and I had to move and rent a place once, and we had 5 dogs-and hunted until we found a place, never considering leaving our dogs. Anyway, she is an older dog. She could have cataracts,or not, she could have allergies, or not, she could be perfectly fine, or have health problems. If you have other dogs, or children, you would have to make sure she would get along with them. Rescuing is a wonderful thing.
Some English Bulldogs never have a health problem, many of them do. Do you know the dog?
If you are going to adopt,you have to consider all the good and bad points, and resign yourself to the fact that things happen to dogs, just as they do with children.
Once she is your dog, you must consider that you will be responsible for the good, or the bad that comes with her. It is a wonderful thing to adopt, especially an older dog
but she will then depend on you. There are no guarantees in life with anything. Be sure that you are willing to take on anything that comes along-or don't adopt.
She may wind up to be the best thing you ever did for yourself and her! [MENTION=14813]RunningMan[/MENTION] I don't see what you mean by her eye being "blacked out".

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am looking for advise on adopting a senior female bulldog. As far as I know she is in good health, however I have not got to meet this beautiful girl yet. Are there any signs or concerns I should be looking out for?

She looks fine in the pictures and Lynn gave you some good thoughts.... once you meet her you won't want to leave her - they steal your heart almost instantly. In these pics she looks good, but the pics do not give temperment indications or possible internal issues.

Please keep us posted and if you do get her we can all help with advice and guidance

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We rescued Sally at the age of 7ish. She's been with us for nearly 2.5 years now and she's an angel. Seniors require more care and patience in a way. Meaning they don't move as fast or hear as well. For Sally it took her about 6 months to settle in but she was tossed into a shelter after years of being breed. Her bladder isn't as strong as the youngins so maybe keep in mind that when she gets up she'll need to get outside faster and more often. That's really the biggest thing with Sally overall. I couldn't imagine life without a senior in our home. :heart:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awww, God bless you! I hope the meeting goes well
and you adopt her...she looks in good shape & a beauty!

I adopted (from individual) Cami at 5 yrs old and had an
unexpected move when she was 7 yrs old. I searched and
searched until I found a place that would take her. Paid a
$350 non refundable pet deposit & $200 more a month
than my budget. Bypassed an adorable house IN my budget
but no pets allowed (this is a duplex). My Cami will never be
rehomed, if I die, made my Son promise to care for her for
her lifetime. Simple as that.

She's been very healthy...let us know what happens...praying!

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
She is a cutie. I don't have any experience with older bullies but best of luck and hope everything works out great. And of course if you get her pics pics and more pics.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
You must be in the kc area I seen that girl also. So so sad. You could always go meet her. The seniors are a lot of work but it's worth every second! I would take her home, but then again, I'm a sucker!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.