KAYDOCTER

Sep 15, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stanley
I am a new bully owner; got Stanley 3 months ago and he is now 7 months. He was neutered 2 weeks ago and since then his health has been awful. The 2nd day after his neuter he developed a limp in front left leg (not the one they used for IV). The limp became so severe that he folded is front paw over so that the top of the paw was on the floor, not the pad of his paw. Took him to vet, xrays showed fluid in his shoulder but nothing else...vet thought was a muschle sprain/strain. It's better but still limping. Next thing was his eyes and face were extremely red so vet gave him RX for that. That didn't help so went back to vet for that and limp. Vet did scrape and found demodex and gave him RX of Ivermectin for that and did more xrays on leg/shoulder. I also asked for Valley Fever test (I live in AZ and is prevalent here). No results on any new tests yet. I don't know what to do now...we have no bulldog specialty vets in Tucson.

I am really overwhelmed on product use for fold cleaning. I have Malecetic wipes, baby wipes, desitin, coconut oil, and the list goes on and on and on. Nothing has helped the redness on his face where the vet said he had demodex. I feel so sorry for him because I know it's painful.

Any ideas would be so appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20150912_080632.jpg
    20150912_080632.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
  • 20150912_083610.jpg
    20150912_083610.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 132
  • 20150912_080644.jpg
    20150912_080644.jpg
    1,003.1 KB · Views: 125

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It sounds like he has an allergic reaction to what he's eating. Do you have him on a grain free food?

OP
K

KAYDOCTER

Sep 15, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stanley
He is on Victor dry dog food; he has eaten this since he was weaned....

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
I am a new bully owner; got Stanley 3 months ago and he is now 7 months. He was neutered 2 weeks ago and since then his health has been awful. The 2nd day after his neuter he developed a limp in front left leg (not the one they used for IV). The limp became so severe that he folded is front paw over so that the top of the paw was on the floor, not the pad of his paw. Took him to vet, xrays showed fluid in his shoulder but nothing else...vet thought was a muschle sprain/strain. It's better but still limping. Next thing was his eyes and face were extremely red so vet gave him RX for that. That didn't help so went back to vet for that and limp. Vet did scrape and found demodex and gave him RX of Ivermectin for that and did more xrays on leg/shoulder. I also asked for Valley Fever test (I live in AZ and is prevalent here). No results on any new tests yet. I don't know what to do now...we have no bulldog specialty vets in Tucson.

I am really overwhelmed on product use for fold cleaning. I have Malecetic wipes, baby wipes, desitin, coconut oil, and the list goes on and on and on. Nothing has helped the redness on his face where the vet said he had demodex. I feel so sorry for him because I know it's painful.

Any ideas would be so appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance.
Food...what food is he eating? That makes a huge difference with alergies...?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

OP
K

KAYDOCTER

Sep 15, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stanley
Victor Dog Food Grain-Free Yukon River Salmon and Sweet Potato

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe try a different flavor of the grain free. We've been on Fromms and it took us 5 times until we found the right protein. It's so common with these babies to be allergic to stuff. Have you tried giving him Benedryl?

OP
K

KAYDOCTER

Sep 15, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stanley
I will do that. Never heard of Fromm's. I have him on Benadryl.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm wondering if he had a reaction to a med (antibiotic),
anesthesia used or stitches when neutered, also...dropped
while in their care & got a shoulder injury as all this happened
AFTER you brought him home from his neuter surgery?

OP
K

KAYDOCTER

Sep 15, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stanley
I have thought that same thing....more so being dropped or roughed up during surgery; making picking him up by his legs or something. Don't know what else to think....he was fine when i took him in

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION].... Lisa is in AZ and i think has Valley fever info

OP
K

KAYDOCTER

Sep 15, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stanley
Can you tell me how I could get in touch with Lisa

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My vet is dr ferguson at old pueblo, he is very good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss Charlotte

Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth,NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlotte
Does he have that redness anywhere else? That looks very much like Charlottes face when she had "puppy mange"... Thought it was allergies too at first- But she had it on her paws as well. Just a thought.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online