some humans :down:

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
so my husband's coworker was on a call down the road from my house at some rich family's house. they were trying to give their 8 month old bully to my friend joe because "he is too much to handle".

are you kidding me? he is a puppy, and you are a spoiled rich idiot. you can't buy a dog's respect and manners like you can people. jerks.

a dog would never give up on a person, even after neglect and abuse, but a person is so quick to give up on a dog. makes me so sad.

so i told joe to let them know i can come pick him up asap and surrender him to rescue or foster him until i find a home that i think is suitable for him. i would take another, but i think butler deserves to be an only child.

Last edited:
OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
also, i'm sure he is an angel in the making, he just needs a proper home.

rescue told me that butler was "wild"; hand to God he is the most sugar sweet obedient prince you've ever met. it just takes routine, love, patience, and proper training to fix any dog. dogs are so easy, they don't have complicated relationships and baggage like we do.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
OMG! I can't believe they would just give away a puppy like that! Gertie and Ida are 8 months old. That is horrible!! They'd love a brother!

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Dang I would drive there and pick him up.. What some people think and done just stuns me. Money cant buy everything now can it.. Poor puppy...

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i know! i'm gonna try to go get him tomorrow. hopefully they still want to surrender him.

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
in uniform, in the patrol car, not in his scope. not good excuses to me! i said "why the hell didn't you call me or bring him to my house?!". i live in glendale and they are phoenix cops, so they aren't allowed to be in different cities, so maybe he could have gotten in trouble. i don't know. :mad:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is exactly why rescues keep getting digs. The novelty has worn off so they kick them to the curb. Such a shame.

L

Lucy-licious

Aww poor baby, he's still learning and needs a loving mom and dad!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Wow, let us know today what happened, and exactly Why they don's want him?? I hope you can get him, if anything to foster, I know you would find the right person to have him.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
this angers me....like said above...people get a dog as a novelty and decide they are done when the dog needs them MOST! :angry: i have some friends (well, i'm reconsidering) on my facebook page and as soon as i started sharing pics of Bullet they started questioning me; "where'd you get him?", "how much?", "oh we want one so bad, he's so cute". i know in my heart they aren't true bully (type) parents and it frustrates me. i have suggested and made remarks how i researched for-ev-er before i decided to actually get one. i don't think they have. :(

anyway, i hope you obtain that sweet bully pup and make a difference in his future. ;)

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Awww poor baby. I hope you get him. Can you go to their house and ask? I live too far away, otherwise I'd come get him too. Bear could use a brother. Let us know what happens and of course if you get him PICTURES.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
[MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION]: Oh, they're cops, okay, that does make a difference, I'm sure. When you said they were "at a call", for some reason I immediately assumed they were plumbers or some other service related call, never accured to me they're police. (duh)
I guess because he's the same age of Gertie and Ida, I just can't even imagine!! How awful! Let us know as soon as you go get him!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
That's so sad! So people don't deserve to have a pet. Hope you can get him away from there Sheila. He deserves a better home.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
That is awful! Silva is part of the family, and just like every other member deserves a loving home! I hope you can get him and find a great home!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.