Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
We had our vet visit on Friday. It went well, she has improved a lot. Her feet are much better, her eyes aren't infected, her ears are better but not great. There is still infection but the swelling is down more and they look better. There's still creamy stuff on her ear drum ?? She put a cotton ball on a clamp and wiped way down in her ear with it. I said I don't do that and I hope don't need to because I don't want to hurt her. She said I shouldn't so that was a relief. Her ears were so swollen at first I didn't even know where her ear canal was, so it's a big improvement there and I'm very happy about that! Her skin looks great and the nurse commented that she smells good now and that she was unbelievably stinky before. I tend to get myself into things I can't handle and I was afraid that's what I did with Macon but I feel so proud and such relief that she's doing so much better. They're going to do her entropian and mouth surgery in 2 weeks. They're also going to look at her ears and try to clean them good while she's under. Im terrified but I thinks it's the right thing to do.
Things with the boys are interesting. I put Rootbeer out and let her be with Clyde and they've become much more cordial. There is still an occasional tiffy but it's the normal dog mouth talking. I took them for walk around the yard, that was the best I could do right now. It was a little difficult because she's so slow and Clyde is a spaz. They were fine together, other than her being annoyed at the jerking. Lol Then I brought them all back together for the weekend. The boys didn't gang up on her and she's pretty well put them in their place. I think she may have become the boss. She doesn't back down and she pretty much just took over. She does the funniest thing! When her and Rootbeer get into an argument she barks up in his face until he backs off, then spins her butt to him and it's like she's saying "now kiss my ***" I am sure this means something but I couldn't help but laugh. It's such a relief to see them get along. I have no doubt it will get better now.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
That is wonderful news! I am so glad that Macon is showing improvement and that she and the boys seem to be working things out.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
yes they turn so it becomes convenient for the other to sniff the back side.

Like sayin, i have a message, here go sniff it and you'll get my message."

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So glad to hear that Macon is doing better ;)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Roseann Good news to hear that Macon is improving! Things will work out fine. You made me laugh saying Clyde is a "spaz" and Macon says "kiss my ***". Even though dogs are "domesticated" they will sometimes pick on one who is weak/sick, especially a new one. They are finding out, as Macon feels better-they "ain't gonna' push her around!" I thinkall will work out well, and in awhile there will be peace in the life of Roseann!
In addition, you are one of my heroes.:)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
hahahaha, thats quite a visual, her turning like that! You are really doing a great job with her, I can't imagine whqat would have happened had you not done what you did! She's very lucky to have you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fantastic update.... I pray it all continues to improve! Great work

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Wonderful news on Macon, she is really doing Great, Thanks to the Wonderful Mommie she now has. God Bless You and Macon.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great news, so happy that Macon is feeling better!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
@Roseann Good news to hear that Macon is improving! Things will work out fine. You made me laugh saying Clyde is a "spaz" and Macon says "kiss my ***". Even though dogs are "domesticated" they will sometimes pick on one who is weak/sick, especially a new one. They are finding out, as Macon feels better-they "ain't gonna' push her around!" I thinkall will work out well, and in awhile there will be peace in the life of Roseann!
In addition, you are one of my heroes.:)

Yes very well said ( I am in spread mode here )

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Remember that time I bragged on Henry that he hadn't peed in the house in 3 weeks? Then he peed in the house? Well, this is just like that time. This morning Clyde and Macon got into 3 fights. I thought they were doing so good. Curse word, curse word, curse word!! Back to my original plan I guess. The weekend went so well! That's what I get for bragging! Karma. Dang you. I have a question about the nothing in life for free stuff. I am a lazy dog owner. I want to lay around and be covered in dogs. I don't want to make them work for affection. I don't mind that they go crazy for food. I make them wait their turn for treats but usually they get treats when someone gets cleaned. I wash a face or butt and everyone gets a treat. Does this make me a bad dog mom?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Remember that time I bragged on Henry that he hadn't peed in the house in 3 weeks? Then he peed in the house? Well, this is just like that time. This morning Clyde and Macon got into 3 fights. I thought they were doing so good. Curse word, curse word, curse word!! Back to my original plan I guess. The weekend went so well! That's what I get for bragging! Karma. Dang you. I have a question about the nothing in life for free stuff. I am a lazy dog owner. I want to lay around and be covered in dogs. I don't want to make them work for affection. I don't mind that they go crazy for food. I make them wait their turn for treats but usually they get treats when someone gets cleaned. I wash a face or butt and everyone gets a treat. Does this make me a bad dog mom?

No.. Not a bad Mom, but it does add to them thinking they need to fight for alpha. One are not far off on getting them inline... Giving treats to all is fine when cleaning one but make sue they sit or lay or give paw before they get a treat. Do you feed meals all at once? If yes, set the bowls where you want them to eat and then make them sit and wait to be released by you to go to the bowl --- it tells them you control their food and they see you as the leader

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.