Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
So it's been just over 2 months since we picked up Lockjaw and just over 2 weeks since we got Penny! They are soooo much fun!! I think they have finally gotten used to one another. We even caught Lockjaw licking Penny's face today - without any coconut oil or egg residue- LMBO! And Penny has started to snug up to Lockjaw during naptime (and he lets her) from time to time. They are more playful now than when we first brought Penny home. Lockjaw was a bit jealous- which was to be expected. But they are less likely to "take it too far" while playing now. Potty training is progressing. Lockjaw slightly regressed when Penny got here- but now they are both doing really well. Penny I think is FINALLY on our schedule and I'm pretty confident that I can skip my 1:30am potty calls. I let them sleep through last night and all was good in the kennel and playpen (x-pen?). Then a few nights prior, they were always sound asleep when I came downstairs to take them out. So today they turn 4 months old! They are such wonderful dogs! Great personalities and very loving!! They have even melted my husbands heart who once said "I'll never have a dog- and if I do they stay outside!" I now catch him on a daily basis sweet talking his "sweet girl" and his "big boy" all while simultaneously getting and receiving kisses!!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
They are both great looking pups. Love the snuggle picture[emoji7].

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Thats great news , there adorable
Ya men are like that I always tell My bunch ( 5 dogs ) when I get the bill for dog food that "Ya all get fed for one more week then off ya go " , to be honest could not think of this place without them lol

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
My Sophie turns 4 months this week. For the most part, she no longer goes out in the middle of the night for potty breaks. However, since she sleeps with me, when she gets restless, I usually take her out, just to be safe. She still has accidents in the house, but usually by the front door. Sometimes when I take her outside, she is too pre-occupied with the world around her to do her business. It's frustrating, but I hope she will get it figured out soon.

It is interesting that Lockjaw and Penny are not real lovey-dovey and playful. I wonder if it would have been different had you gotten them at the same time? Do you think they know they are siblings? I would love to know what goes on inside their heads!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So adorable… we need more pics!!! ;)

joe5268

Aug 6, 2015
Long Island, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
So cute, our little Daisy turned 4 months on Sunday and my wife is the same way. Never really wanted a dog, but loves this little pooch.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
those are beautiful pictures, nothing like a couple of loving babies :no:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Love the update and pictures--- they are gorgeous! And tell hubby---- they got ya!

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
My Sophie turns 4 months this week. For the most part, she no longer goes out in the middle of the night for potty breaks. However, since she sleeps with me, when she gets restless, I usually take her out, just to be safe. She still has accidents in the house, but usually by the front door. Sometimes when I take her outside, she is too pre-occupied with the world around her to do her business. It's frustrating, but I hope she will get it figured out soon.

It is interesting that Lockjaw and Penny are not real lovey-dovey and playful. I wonder if it would have been different had you gotten them at the same time? Do you think they know they are siblings? I would love to know what goes on inside their heads!

Oh my goodness, ME TOO!! I want to let them sleep with us, but I think they are still a little too rambunctious! They LOVE to try to eat your hair if your laying down. Lol! I was actually late to work one day last week bc Penny would not poop after she ate that morning. If she doesn't poop before we leave, she will poop in her kennel while we are gone. And that is NO FUN to clean up. So my boss (who used to breed Labs) said that when they do that ( go outside and think it's playtime) bring them back in after about 10 minutes, then wait a minute or two and take them back outside. And repeat until they go. With Penny we've had to do this on 2 different mornings and it has really worked. We had to do 2 rounds each day. But it really seemed to work. That might be helpful for your little Sophie.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online