Won't eat after move to new place

LordStanley

Apr 1, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Stanley
Hi again,

Well, Stanley was feeling better and eating normally, and yesterday we moved to our new apartment, and he hasn't eaten since we moved in. I'm sure he will eventually, but has anyone ever experienced this? He's drinking water and going outside fine, but you can tell he's stressed.. He's following us everywhere, and generally very clingy.

I'm thinking about switching him back to bland diet for a few days just to gets something in him.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Steve

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I sneak in there normal food soft treats all broken up and well mixed in , works for us . As you said it will take a bit of time we all hate those kinds of adjustments , I would not worry if he is still drinking and going ok , and not sure i would change his diet yet as that just might give him the trots for the change and start other issues for him to deal with . I love the pics of this fella he is a good looking guy

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi again,

Well, Stanley was feeling better and eating normally, and yesterday we moved to our new apartment, and he hasn't eaten since we moved in. I'm sure he will eventually, but has anyone ever experienced this? He's drinking water and going outside fine, but you can tell he's stressed.. He's following us everywhere, and generally very clingy.

I'm thinking about switching him back to bland diet for a few days just to gets something in him.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Steve

Hi, I wouldn't worry to much, these guys are very sensitive and can be OCD when it comes to changes in their routine or environment. As long as he's still drinking, and going potty, he will eat. I would leave his food out, and he will eventually settle in and get used to his new surroundings and be comfortable enough to eat again. You can try hand feeding him at first, he may eat from your hand. Other than that, just making him feel secure with extra cuddles, and letting him explore his new surroundings wil, help, plus set up his crate in the place you are going to keep it, with some of his favourite toys and a blanket, or one of your t-shirts with your scent on it, something that he is familiar with and will give him comfort.
Lit won't be long before he's comfortable in his new home, and back to himself.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Extremely normal behavior… I would keep to his normal schedule as much as possible. Maybe add some warm water or broth to stir up his appetite, and give it a little time.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Agreed. Give him about few weeks. My boys was like that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Great advice above! Occasionally if I have taken a trip(ha!) a couple of mine won't eat for 3 days,once they adjust, then they start eating. As long as he is drinking,it's okay. he will
eat once he settles in and gets hungry enough! Best of luck in your new place!:D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Extremely normal behavior… I would keep to his normal schedule as much as possible. Maybe add some warm water or broth to stir up his appetite, and give it a little time.

agreed! Little OCD babies..... best of luck in the new place

OP
LordStanley

LordStanley

Apr 1, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Stanley
Hello all. Sorry I didn't get a chance to update. You guys were right (as usual), Stanley went right back to eating as normal the next day...

All is good.

OP
LordStanley

LordStanley

Apr 1, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Stanley
I would say he likes the new couch......

IMG_3948.JPG

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.