Nail clipper

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
I really need to learn how to cut their own nails. I hate taking them to petsmart coz I'm always worried. Anyone suggest a good nail clipper? And is it easy to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Oh boy. Nails and Opie are enemy's. For real, he acts like we are trying to kill him. Nail clippers are a definite no go in our house hold, he freaks! We have a nail dremel and that works much better for us, and I much more comfortable using it. It is still a hassle to trim him up so we just do one paw a day.
This is the grinder we have.
Pet Nail Clippers : Amazon.com: Andis Pet Nail Grinder 2 Speed Purple (65880)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have to take Buster in to have his nails done, he's become to strong to control. Elsa is a breeze to do her nails, we have these really tiny cat nail clippers we use and they are great. IMHO dremmeling them or grinding them is much easier and rounds the nail off so it's not jagged. We bought the Oster dremmel off Amazon and it's a plug in and works great.

I think that taking care of the nails with these babies is the biggest PAIN in the a!!

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I have tried a dremel in the past, with a different dog who totally freaked out at the sound! However, I have been clipping Tucker & Sophie's nails with a manual trimmer that looks kind of like a pair of scissors. Since they are both still young, they don't know enough to be afraid, and I haven't cut a toe yet!

This might be helpful as well: The Best Dog Nail Clippers 2015 Review

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
I have found that putting Snickers on an elevated surface such as our dryer helps keep him from moving around too much. Makes clipping nails so much easier than when I put him in my lap to cut nails

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I either go to a friend that is a groomer. Or get then done at the vet -- i just can't do it

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I also use a dremel, but it's one I've had forever (used to be for me) so I don't know where to buy or what kind. I DO know that you shouldn't buy the Top Paw guillotine at Petsmart (sorry PetSmart, I love you, but this product sucks).
It's well worth it to spend the $$ on a good one if you don't go the dremel route!
Ten bucks for a pet nail trimmer just ain't gonna cut it :lmaogirl:"Pun intended" :giggle:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.