Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brynnlee
    Likes (Received)

Default How much does your bully weigh?

Just out of curiosity, how much does your bully weigh? Brynnlee was 82lbs when I got her I put a stop to that real quick as her breathing was bad, she couldn't go for a walk very far at all let alone play for any period of time. Plus, I was worried about all the extra weight on her joints, heart and ect. First thing I did was get rid of the horrible Purina ( bleh ) food she was eating and put her on Fromm Beef Fritata ( I am sure I spelt that wrong) she did loose weight but my vet suggested Fromm reduced activity as Brynn is now 8 years old and an older bully - I tried it. She now weighs 60lbs, my vet says her breathing and lungs sound excellent and she can do a pretty decent lap around a local trail at the dog park we often walk and play around with other dogs / or play frisbee with me.

However, some have told me she is to skinny and I am 'starving' her ( mind you she does not act like she is starving) she eats 1 cup of Fromm in the morning 1 cup of Fromm in the evening and occasionally eats peanut butter, and treats include apples or an organic grain free treat from the store - but we limit them. Mainly she eats apple slices for treats - she wasn't a fan of green beans. I disagree that I am starving her - but some continuously tell me she is to skinny and should be fatter so she is cuter...

Does anyone else think 60lbs for a female 8 year old bully is bad? I know of some who weigh less.

Pictures below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -1450822_10152028528249539_856817293_n-2-jpg   -1271804_10151833590149539_1459698970_o-jpg  

Whoever said diamonds were a girl's best friend has never owned a bulldog <3

2. Likes dolphin liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How much does your bully weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by AmberXo View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how much does your bully weigh? Brynnlee was 82lbs when I got her I put a stop to that real quick as her breathing was bad, she couldn't go for a walk very far at all let alone play for any period of time. Plus, I was worried about all the extra weight on her joints, heart and ect. First thing I did was get rid of the horrible Purina ( bleh ) food she was eating and put her on Fromm Beef Fritata ( I am sure I spelt that wrong) she did loose weight but my vet suggested Fromm reduced activity as Brynn is now 8 years old and an older bully - I tried it. She now weighs 60lbs, my vet says her breathing and lungs sound excellent and she can do a pretty decent lap around a local trail at the dog park we often walk and play around with other dogs / or play frisbee with me.

However, some have told me she is to skinny and I am 'starving' her ( mind you she does not act like she is starving) she eats 1 cup of Fromm in the morning 1 cup of Fromm in the evening and occasionally eats peanut butter, and treats include apples or an organic grain free treat from the store - but we limit them. Mainly she eats apple slices for treats - she wasn't a fan of green beans. I disagree that I am starving her - but some continuously tell me she is to skinny and should be fatter so she is cuter...

Does anyone else think 60lbs for a female 8 year old bully is bad? I know of some who weigh less.

Pictures below
    She looks good to me ...great job on getting her weight down...that must have been quite a task...as long as she is happy and healthy she looks fine to me I'm no expert...FYI...Chubby weighs 58lbs

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    Chubby ♡

Real Name
    Buffy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually
    Likes (Received)

Dually weighs 58lbs. Everyone tells me he is fat but he's not, I think he's perfect!! I think Brynlee looks good and you should be proud that you got her to a healthy weight, that's not an easy task!!

5. Likes dolphin liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Punkin is 45lbs and Stiggy is 55lbs. Although not too chubby, we're trying to get Stiggy down to 50lbs again. He's gained weight in the past year due to 'too cute to deny treats' issues. :chuckle: Kidding, it was due to too much bone in his raw meals. Now we switch their meals around so Punks can gain a little weight.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

7. Likes dolphin liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Winnie was at the vet yesterday and she weighed 44 lbs. The vet was really pleased with her weight. She is 14 months old. I feed her one cup of Orijen Six Fish twice a day. She is very active and atheletic for a bully, so I feed her the amount I would feed a 65 lb. inactive dog, and she also gets treats and snacks. My dog Jack weighs 80 lbs and needs to lose 10 lbs, so I feed him exactly the same amount. I think Brynlee looks wonderful. She doesn't look too skinny at all to me. She will be much healthier at her new weight. She is beautiful!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

She looks great!!! Nice definition to her waist!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We get the same thing as my Harlea is a petite 38lbs and she is just over 2 years old. The vet loves the weight she is at and she looks great. Not starving at all.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

11. Likes dolphin liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Opie
    Likes (Received)

Opie is 15 months and weighing 61 pounds! He is trim like your girl, great waist definition!

13. Likes dolphin liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Bella is 11.5 months old, and this morning she weighed in at 42.2 pounds.

I think your Brynnlee looks great!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

15. Likes dolphin liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

She looks great! I have to hand it to you, getting her down 22 pounds is a wonderful thing! It's so much harder getting them to lose then to gain, well done! Buster is 55 pounds and Elsa weighs in at 45.

17. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    She looks great!!! Nice definition to her waist!
    i think so too! She trully does look great. And making her loose the extra weight is the best move too. Kudos!

My boy at 2 years of age weighs at around 55 lbs.

19. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

They do come in all sizes! She looks good from what I can see; as @2BullyMama says, she's got a nice waist!

Our Castor, at almost 2.5, weighs in at 43-44 pounds something so he's a slim guy although he doesn't look thin.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

21. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads