AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Just out of curiosity, how much does your bully weigh? Brynnlee was 82lbs when I got her :ohmy: I put a stop to that real quick as her breathing was bad, she couldn't go for a walk very far at all let alone play for any period of time. Plus, I was worried about all the extra weight on her joints, heart and ect. First thing I did was get rid of the horrible Purina ( bleh :bad::bad::bad::bad:) food she was eating and put her on Fromm Beef Fritata ( I am sure I spelt that wrong) she did loose weight but my vet suggested Fromm reduced activity as Brynn is now 8 years old and an older bully - I tried it. She now weighs 60lbs, my vet says her breathing and lungs sound excellent and she can do a pretty decent lap around a local trail at the dog park we often walk and play around with other dogs / or play frisbee with me.

However, some have told me she is to skinny and I am 'starving' her ( mind you she does not act like she is starving) she eats 1 cup of Fromm in the morning 1 cup of Fromm in the evening and occasionally eats peanut butter, and treats include apples or an organic grain free treat from the store - but we limit them. Mainly she eats apple slices for treats - she wasn't a fan of green beans. I disagree that I am starving her - but some continuously tell me she is to skinny and should be fatter so she is cuter... ;) :(

Does anyone else think 60lbs for a female 8 year old bully is bad? I know of some who weigh less.

Pictures below :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 1450822_10152028528249539_856817293_n-2.jpg
    1450822_10152028528249539_856817293_n-2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 1271804_10151833590149539_1459698970_o.jpg
    1271804_10151833590149539_1459698970_o.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 208

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
Just out of curiosity, how much does your bully weigh? Brynnlee was 82lbs when I got her :ohmy: I put a stop to that real quick as her breathing was bad, she couldn't go for a walk very far at all let alone play for any period of time. Plus, I was worried about all the extra weight on her joints, heart and ect. First thing I did was get rid of the horrible Purina ( bleh :bad::bad::bad::bad:) food she was eating and put her on Fromm Beef Fritata ( I am sure I spelt that wrong) she did loose weight but my vet suggested Fromm reduced activity as Brynn is now 8 years old and an older bully - I tried it. She now weighs 60lbs, my vet says her breathing and lungs sound excellent and she can do a pretty decent lap around a local trail at the dog park we often walk and play around with other dogs / or play frisbee with me.

However, some have told me she is to skinny and I am 'starving' her ( mind you she does not act like she is starving) she eats 1 cup of Fromm in the morning 1 cup of Fromm in the evening and occasionally eats peanut butter, and treats include apples or an organic grain free treat from the store - but we limit them. Mainly she eats apple slices for treats - she wasn't a fan of green beans. I disagree that I am starving her - but some continuously tell me she is to skinny and should be fatter so she is cuter... ;) :(

Does anyone else think 60lbs for a female 8 year old bully is bad? I know of some who weigh less.

Pictures below :)
She looks good to me [emoji190] [emoji8] [emoji190] [emoji8]...great job on getting her weight down...that must have been quite a task...as long as she is happy and healthy she looks fine to me [emoji190] [emoji8] [emoji190] [emoji8] I'm no expert...FYI...Chubby weighs 58lbs[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Dually weighs 58lbs. Everyone tells me he is fat but he's not, I think he's perfect!! I think Brynlee looks good and you should be proud that you got her to a healthy weight, that's not an easy task!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Punkin is 45lbs and Stiggy is 55lbs. Although not too chubby, we're trying to get Stiggy down to 50lbs again. He's gained weight in the past year due to 'too cute to deny treats' issues. :chuckle: Kidding, it was due to too much bone in his raw meals. Now we switch their meals around so Punks can gain a little weight.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie was at the vet yesterday and she weighed 44 lbs. The vet was really pleased with her weight. She is 14 months old. I feed her one cup of Orijen Six Fish twice a day. She is very active and atheletic for a bully, so I feed her the amount I would feed a 65 lb. inactive dog, and she also gets treats and snacks. My dog Jack weighs 80 lbs and needs to lose 10 lbs, so I feed him exactly the same amount. I think Brynlee looks wonderful. She doesn't look too skinny at all to me. She will be much healthier at her new weight. She is beautiful!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She looks great!!! Nice definition to her waist!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We get the same thing as my Harlea is a petite 38lbs and she is just over 2 years old. The vet loves the weight she is at and she looks great. Not starving at all.

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Opie is 15 months and weighing 61 pounds! He is trim like your girl, great waist definition!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella is 11.5 months old, and this morning she weighed in at 42.2 pounds.

I think your Brynnlee looks great!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She looks great! I have to hand it to you, getting her down 22 pounds is a wonderful thing! It's so much harder getting them to lose then to gain, well done! Buster is 55 pounds and Elsa weighs in at 45.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
She looks great!!! Nice definition to her waist!

i think so too! She trully does look great. And making her loose the extra weight is the best move too. Kudos!

My boy at 2 years of age weighs at around 55 lbs.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
They do come in all sizes! She looks good from what I can see; as [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] says, she's got a nice waist!

Our Castor, at almost 2.5, weighs in at 43-44 pounds something so he's a slim guy although he doesn't look thin.

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
She looks good to me [emoji4]. Of course Bullies look cuter with more weight and more wrinkles but we know that is not healthy for them. I think a lot of people have a standard of what an EB is supposed to look like. Both Utley and Bella eat the Fromm lamb and lentil. They each get 1 cup twice a day. At night they get a special night night treat before bed. Treats through out day are limited mainly to just their normal dog food. Sometimes a bite of banana. Each Bully is created differently and come in all shapes and sizes. The most important thing (besides spoiling them[emoji39]) is that they are healthy. Keep up the great work[emoji106].

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Thank you everyone!

It is nice to hear from other bully owners that she does look good when so many think she is to skinny. I do ignore them, but sometimes I explain that while they may be cute when they are fat and wrinkly (if that is even a word haha) that makes everything 2x as hard on them. I was so nervous something would happen to her health wise that would limit her quality of life if she stayed that big & I don't want to loose her.

It is just annoying - some people do not understand.

Now if I could only control my weight / food intake - rather what I eat like I do with Brynn's LOL that would be fabulous!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.