Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I've been thinking about this a lot recently because my girl is very strange. lol!

How can a dog that likes to eat dirt, cicadas, and other miscellaneous things turn her nose up at a Rimadyl pill?

Rimadyl tastes nasty, but a cicada tastes good?

I don't understand dogs. :D

What weird things does your bully do?

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky eats mulch, grass, flowers, bushes, spiders, ants, other dogs poo, and who knows what else I don't catch him eating. I chase him around when outside taking everything out of his mouth.
I think its weird he doesn't try to play with most other dogs. He just sits or lays down while they act crazy around him. I am not complaining about him not reacting to other dogs but, he's different from any other dog i have owned. He does stand his ground when threatened now though which was a surprise to the neighbors dog who bit him once but tried again and backed down real quick.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Wellie eats everything not nailed down. Just walking him takes forever because he won't move until he tastes every single thing on the ground. All you hear me say over and over is, "Wellie, leave it".
EXCEPT FOR PILLS!
In the past, he would eat whatever was around the pill and then spit it out. Only thing that worked was making small vanilla ice cream balls and putting the meds. inside (a trick @2BullyMama taught me). Since the ice cream was so cold, he would just swallow it.
These days I just throw them in with his meals and he inhales them that way..lol..

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I put her Rimadyl in her food, too. I tried to give it to her (with no food) put she wasn't having it.

She'll eat Dasuquin straight up, though, thankfully.

Bella also acts like a complete lunatic around other dogs.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I could go on for HOURS on this one… Lol Wally attacks everything as you guys know, but he's recently decided he hates taking pills to include his heart worm medicine :stinkeye: I discovered on pills I put a tiny bit of peanut butter on a spoon & place the pill in it. He can't separate the pill from the PB so he has to swallow them down.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lambeau has issue with running.... he goes a few feet and then his feet are in the air and he is rolling down the yard! :facepalm:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
every night Harvey goes cricket hunting in the yard. I locate the cricket, stomp my feet next to it to induce it to jump, i will repeat this process several times until the cricket is totally exhausted and will start running on foot. I call Harvey and he goes in for the kill.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We we have to have video proof. :D
working on it.... I am usually laughing or panicked he is going to get hurt....but, i am determined to get it on video

Brian Melton

Aug 8, 2015
Bucks County, Pa.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Charlie's no different...he seems to love chasing and mouthing any and all bugs and doesn't show an ounce of hesitancy but everything else stops him in his tracks....

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I've been thinking about this a lot recently because my girl is very strange. lol!

How can a dog that likes to eat dirt, cicadas, and other miscellaneous things turn her nose up at a Rimadyl pill?

Rimadyl tastes nasty, but a cicada tastes good?

I don't understand dogs. :D

What weird things does your bully do?

I think you could be totally wrong. Those Cicadas are nice and crunchy. LOL.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
funny thing our dog does is when we are going to leave the house we put her in the garage where her bed and litter box are... if she is sleeping in the house we will just leave her in the house... it didnt take her long to figure this out... she knows she can stay out if she is asleep... hopefully you can see the video

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Omg! I just died a little.

Dexter knows that I won't force him to come inside if he's going potty, so he meanders around the yard until I get tired of standing there and tell him to come on... Then he assumes the position!!

He also will eat ANYTHING. Except Fritos-

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online