Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
So these past few weeks my EB Mack Daddy has been really itchy and I have no clue why? I give him bendryl and feed him Fromms Grain free food, and he has never been like this. I tried giving him coconut oil but it makes his stool very runny and nasty and the fish oil pills are too big and he won't eat them. I have tried opening the pills and pouring the oil on the food but I feel like I got more on my hands then on the food. I give him a bath every 2-3 weeks.

I am looking for any type of recommendations? Oatmeal bath?

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Hmm maybe try taking coconut oils out for now and see if that's what causing it. I used to give them ACV and Brett would just keep licking his paw so I stopped giving it to him and that helped a lot. Also it depends what kind of food they have. They used to do great ok Fromms Pork and peas but seems as if they isn't fan of it anymore so I've decided to give them diff flavor which is the Lambs and Lentils now Brett's tear stains got really bad so I have to put him back on Pork and Peas ...trial and error really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So these past few weeks my EB Mack Daddy has been really itchy and I have no clue why? I give him bendryl and feed him Fromms Grain free food, and he has never been like this. I tried giving him coconut oil but it makes his stool very runny and nasty and the fish oil pills are too big and he won't eat them. I have tried opening the pills and pouring the oil on the food but I feel like I got more on my hands then on the food. I give him a bath every 2-3 weeks.

How long has he been on that flavor of Fromms? It could be the protein... you may need to switch him to another flavor & see if you notice improvement. When Tyson is extra itchy - I bathe him in this:

Amazon.com : Tropiclean Oxy Med Shampoo 20oz : Pet Shampoos : Pet Supplies

Its wonderful. Don't be shocked that it doesn't sud up like regular shampoo, just massage it, and try to let it sit on him for as long as he'll allow before rinsing. Hugs to Mack Daddy.

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
How long has he been on that flavor of Fromms? It could be the protein... you may need to switch him to another flavor & see if you notice improvement. When Tyson is extra itchy - I bathe him in this:

Amazon.com : Tropiclean Oxy Med Shampoo 20oz : Pet Shampoos : Pet Supplies

Its wonderful. Don't be shocked that it doesn't sud up like regular shampoo, just massage it, and try to let it sit on him for as long as he'll allow before rinsing. Hugs to Mack Daddy.

I am going to try out the soap and see if it helps, thanks for the help!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hmm maybe try taking coconut oils out for now and see if that's what causing it. I used to give them ACV and Brett would just keep licking his paw so I stopped giving it to him and that helped a lot. Also it depends what kind of food they have. They used to do great ok Fromms Pork and peas but seems as if they isn't fan of it anymore so I've decided to give them diff flavor which is the Lambs and Lentils now Brett's tear stains got really bad so I have to put him back on Pork and Peas ...trial and error really

Hey, you know what...Bella's tear stains have gotten bad again and she's licking her paws like crazy. She's also on Lamb and Lentil. I am going to switch her to something else, but I'm trying to decide. I was thinking of going to the grain free salmon Fromms. Maybe I should try Pork and Peas. I guess it's just trial and error.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Which Fromm is he eating? Also could be environmental.... try wiping him after being outside with a cool wash cloth to lessen the allergens from staying on him and causing the itch

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
Which Fromm is he eating? Also could be environmental.... try wiping him after being outside with a cool wash cloth to lessen the allergens from staying on him and causing the itch

I have been feeding him grain free Beef Fritta I believe, I thought it was environmental at first because he has spending alot of time at my parents place running around on their land but it has been a week or so and it hasn't changed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would buy a small bag of Pork and Peas and see if the itching lessens at all. No need for transition just go right to it

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Hey, you know what...Bella's tear stains have gotten bad again and she's licking her paws like crazy. She's also on Lamb and Lentil. I am going to switch her to something else, but I'm trying to decide. I was thinking of going to the grain free salmon Fromms. Maybe I should try Pork and Peas. I guess it's just trial and error.

I know ever since I switched to lamb and lentil I noticed it looks bad. So I just ordered their pork and peas today. Hope it clears it up

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
We use a shampoo with fatty acids (Omega 3's & 6's) called "HyLyt" from the vet. I believe Amazon has it. It definitely helps her skin.
There are also some Omega 3's capsules called Snip Tips be Free Form that the end twists off of & they don't make a mess. We like these.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online