brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Does anyone here feed Natural Balance Food? Brutus does not like the food he is on now, I had to switch off THK because he was losing too much weight :(. Frankie is on Merrick, which I love but is now owned by Purina :yuk::barf:. So I see Natural Balance Grain free Duck and potato is listed as 4 stars here. Any thoughts??

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We fed Tyson Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Fish for many many years. He did great on it, but I guess after 5 years, he developed an allergy to something in it so we had to change. But honestly, I have no complaints :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Mine have terrible gas.

I'm in the middle of doing a slow switch to Earthborn Hollistic now. The Grain free Great Plains Feast flavor.

If you switch to Natural Balance, let me know how he does.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Well, I just read the ingredients good and the first one is duck meal. Not good! So I found Wellness Simple Duck and Oatmeal. It is also listed as a 4star food and the first ingredient is duck! I think I am going to give this one a try. The Farmina I tried gave Brutus really bad gas and now he hates it. I have to stick with a novel protien so my choices are very limited.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Does anyone here feed Natural Balance Food? Brutus does not like the food he is on now, I had to switch off THK because he was losing too much weight :(. Frankie is on Merrick, which I love but is now owned by Purina :yuk::barf:. So I see Natural Balance Grain free Duck and potato is listed as 4 stars here. Any thoughts??

hi Rosalie, I had to switch Dozer to a Limited Ingredient food 2 weeks ago due to his allergies flaring up again. He is now allergic to chicken, salmon, beef and lamb. I started him on Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Vegan kibble which I will feed to him for a month to detoxify him from all proteins, and then I will switch him to a Limited Ingredient with kangaroo or Venison. The two options I'm looking at are Natural Balance or Natures Variety.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good luck.... I think Jill feeds NB... Not sure. [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION]

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Nope I'm with California Naturals Kangaroo and Red Lentil.

Jill how are your babies doing on that and how long have they been on it I looked it up as an option for us as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Jill how are your babies doing on that and how long have they been on it I looked it up as an option for us as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truman has been on it for about 2 years now, I think? It was right around when my other bulldog Linus died that we made a switch. Because it's an "exotic" protein, Truman, who is a very, very itchy bulldog, is doing well on it. He looks good - no stains or yeast - but we still struggle with allergies, mostly due to environmental concerns. Still, I think it's a good option for anyone who is struggling to find a protein that is well-tolerated by bullies with allergies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.