Does your bulldog have a tickle spot?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster does this thing that when he's laying down all frog like and you just touch the very tip of his tail he flies up and spins around, like you just poked him with a cattle prod. I have to tell you it makes me laugh so hard sometimes and it's become very addictive! LOL!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Buster does this thing that when he's laying down all frog like and you just touch the very tip of his tail he flies up and spins around, like you just poked him with a cattle prod. I have to tell you it makes me laugh so hard sometimes and it's become very addictive! LOL!

Weird, both of mine do the exact same thing if I touch the tips of their tail...lol..

I'll take a video of it one day.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Bennie's got a spot or two where he loves to get tickled. One is where his balls used to be:blush2: and the other is on the side of his body, just where the ribs end... kind of. He goes into a strange mood, his whole body freezes and he keeps licking his mouth making funny noises, lol.

He also jumps up if I touches his tail while he's laying down...

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I wouldn't call it a tickle spot, but what you all are describing is how Tucker reacts when someone unexpectedly touches him on his back. Since I bring him to work with me daily, I have noticed he has a few "hang ups" with some people, particularly some men. He was 4 months old when I got him in June, and he had already lived in two other houses. I'm thinking something bad might have happened which makes him neurotic at times. I think I am going to look for a trainer for him because there have been two times recently when someone has walked up behind him and touched his lower back, and he has jumped, turned around and snarled. He also is leary of people he doesn't know well who are carrying something when they approach him to pet him. He doesn't like for them to get near him. He is very sweet and doesn't have a mean bone in his body, but I sure don't want him biting anyone!

Does anyone else have a Bully with similar behaviors?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Oh yes, when we tickle the inside of Castor's hind legs, they twitch and move up and down really quickly. He looks like he's dancing and seems to like it as he will actually move himself into position for that specific tickle.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lambeau and Banks ... Same spot, when laying belly up... Shoulders along the neck line... Front paws curl up and the wiggle away

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I wouldn't call it a tickle spot, but what you all are describing is how Tucker reacts when someone unexpectedly touches him on his back. Since I bring him to work with me daily, I have noticed he has a few "hang ups" with some people, particularly some men. He was 4 months old when I got him in June, and he had already lived in two other houses. I'm thinking something bad might have happened which makes him neurotic at times. I think I am going to look for a trainer for him because there have been two times recently when someone has walked up behind him and touched his lower back, and he has jumped, turned around and snarled. He also is leary of people he doesn't know well who are carrying something when they approach him to pet him. He doesn't like for them to get near him. He is very sweet and doesn't have a mean bone in his body, but I sure don't want him biting anyone!

Does anyone else have a Bully with similar behaviors?

Training is a good idea... He may nit have had enough socialization as a pup (outside of home). ... That tends to happen with Bulldogs--- we are on same boat with Lambeau, he LOVES people but is afraid or leery of all things and other dogs. Our fault as we did not take him to puppy classes

Jmlevin

Sep 2, 2015
NYC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris
Boris is the fur in between each pad on the paw if I rub that he jumps or if he's on his back he starts flailing

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Oh yes, when we tickle the inside of Castor's hind legs, they twitch and move up and down really quickly. He looks like he's dancing and seems to like it as he will actually move himself into position for that specific tickle.

Same with Opie! It's comical.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.