heart murmur - Gofundme allowed?

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
fba7e0097b443020ff8cf16d69279250.jpg

Hi guys. It has been a while since I have been on. Reason being is that my boy Leo crossed the rainbow bridge in July. His pic is my avatar. After some time, I ultimately decided that I wanted another bulldog in my life. I picked up Snickers at 13 weeks of age from a breeder and found out that he had a heart murmur from my Vet. She recommended that we have an ultrasound to see if it was something we should watch for in the future. Snickers had the ultrasound yesterday and was diagnosed with Pulmonic valve Stenosis, which requires surgery (balloon valvuloplasty). I created a Gofundme page and wanted to know if it was ok to post it on here? Any donations big or small, or just sharing my page would mean the world to me and the little guy. This community has been very helpful as I had never owned a bulldog prior to Leo, and everyone here has been so helpful in helping me raise him and making my life easier raising Snickers. Thank you all for that.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I don't believe Go Fund Me pages are allowed. I will check though. Sorry for the diagnosis

OP
Sophatp

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
Thank you. Thought I'd ask since I do not want to violate any rules here.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey there!

So very sorry for the loss of your Leo and the diagnosis of Snickers --- I tagged some members that can add insight on the murmur --- do you know the level of the murmur?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
But that's a whole other topic.

I changed the title to help get more members read the thread and provide insight on the murmur. We do not allow gofundme links but if members wnat to help you they can contact you privately via messages

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Very sorry on your loss of Leo and sad to know Snickers is
dx'ed with heart murmur (know nothing about). He's very
handsome and I'll add prayers all goes well for him & you.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
fba7e0097b443020ff8cf16d69279250.jpg

Hi guys. It has been a while since I have been on. Reason being is that my boy Leo crossed the rainbow bridge in July. His pic is my avatar. After some time, I ultimately decided that I wanted another bulldog in my life. I picked up Snickers at 13 weeks of age from a breeder and found out that he had a heart murmur from my Vet. She recommended that we have an ultrasound to see if it was something we should watch for in the future. Snickers had the ultrasound yesterday and was diagnosed with Pulmonic valve Stenosis, which requires surgery (balloon valvuloplasty). I created a Gofundme page and wanted to know if it was ok to post it on here? Any donations big or small, or just sharing my page would mean the world to me and the little guy. This community has been very helpful as I had never owned a bulldog prior to Leo, and everyone here has been so helpful in helping me raise him and making my life easier raising Snickers. Thank you all for that.

Definitely share it on Instagram if you have one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
That 1st pic of Snickers is AWESOME.

What are your Breeders saying about this dx?

Are they willing to help with surgery costs?

Again, I'm keeping y'all in prayers, hoping your
fundraiser is successful. Please keep us updated,
good luck!

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
OH MY GOODNESS...You MUST publish that first pic...if you made a card out of it, I bet it would help pay for his medical expenses!!!!
I'm so sorry to read this post, about your first one and now Snickers. What an incredibly adorable puppy!!! Keep on updating please.

OP
Sophatp

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
Thank you everyone. The card idea sounds good. Any other suggestions on raising funds are greatly appreciated. If you'd like to donate, please feel free to message me. He does have an Instagram acct. and follows other animal accts. if you'd like to follow his antics.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.