Limping 7 month old puppy

shanleighp

Jun 25, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
My puppy is 7 months old and been limping for over 3 weeks. Went to vet they did xray and saw nothing, but she is on remidyl for 2 weeks. Grateful isn't broke but wondering any ideas on what to do. I hate seeing her continue to limp. she doesn't act like is hurting but the doctor doesn't want her running or jumping do you know how hard that is. Any suggestions would help.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
That's hard. 7 month old puppies have so much energy. Maybe try some mental stimulation? Like freeze yogurt and peanut butter in a kong and let her go at it. Or freeze one of she favorite toys in ice and let her try to melt it out.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I guess this is going around. My little girl has been limping on and off since she was 6 months old. She's 11 months old (today!)

Like your girl, Bella's xrays came back normal and she's been on and off Rimadyl since April. I'm trying to rest her and keep her pretty inactive, but it's very ​hard. I crate her most of the day, but she runs from be now, which is counter-productive. *sigh* I feel your pain.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
rest is the best way..... it sucks, but try to do short leashed walks, and crate rest when you are not home.... no steps and no getting up/down from furniture

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
rest is the best way..... it sucks, but try to do short leashed walks, and crate rest when you are not home.... no steps and no getting up/down from furniture

You know, this is extremely hard. Lol! Forgive me, but I'm having shoulder pain from awkwardly carrying my 42 pound girl up and down stairs while she wiggles and scratches to get out of my arms.

I'm almost to the point of giving up since she runs away from me now. Her running away (and running up and down stairs) is worse than her taking the stairs normally and not running away when I try to pick her up.

Our house is pretty ridiculous these days.

I feel like this is an impossible task! We're about 3 weeks into inactivity and I'm not sure she's any better off. She's miserable, I'm cranky and inured. This sucks! Ahhhhhh! :blah:

Sorry for the vent. Lol

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
I had to keep my Molly crated and off activities for 5 weeks. Her x-rays came back with a fracture. Hopefully your baby just has a pulled muscle ! i know how hard it can be to keep them calm Molly was 6 months. She is now 8 months and unless I told you. You wouldn't know shes just coming off an injury. The Kong & Antler worked really well but rest is the best. good luck I hope she heals fast !

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hope she feels better soon. It could be Panostetsis (growing pains). It is normally seen in larger breeds but bullies can get it as well. 7 months old was around about the time mine started limping so we had xrays done that came back negative as well and that was the diagnosis we were given. After a few days on meds she started getting better.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.