Bully mamma and newborns

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
Hey everyone, I have 3 questions that i need some advice in.

1st. My Bully has been having trouble sleeping even after her babies were born. When she is alone she don't sleep when i leave her with her babies for sometime and she don't seem to sleep either is this normal??
2nd. Wanted to know since cookies babies were born last Saturday and been feeding them every 2 hours will that change after some weeks? or what is the next step on feeding them as days past by i just wanna be prepared.
3rd. And do anyone recommend a good source of dog food that Bullies love my bully is not starting to eat her regular Royal canin food anymore.

Also Cookie is being a great mom :)

Thank you

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is not sleeping well because she is still in pain from the C-session, I assume she had a C-session. She should settle down in a few more days. After about the second week, they will sleep longer between feedings, usually the third week they will go three hours between feedings and sometime at night they will go 4 hours. and as they get older the time between feedings will get a little longer. I would feed mama puppy food and all she wants right now because she is feeding pups and needs all the nutrition she can get. Give her some goats milk to drink too, to help give her some calcium, also give her a good dog supplement like NuVet Plus or Hardypet complete. We always feed or moms puppy food when they are pregnant and the whole time she is nursing pups. We also feed ours FROMM 4 star and the pup and mom FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have to say....I'm impressed with the way you've handled becoming a grandparent overnight.

You are such a trooper for taking the advice of the people on this forum and following thru the best you can.

I can't wait to see what these babies look like as they get older. We definitely need weekly (if not daily) photos of this new crew.

:bravo:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
David has you covered, Cookie may also not want to sleep because while she has milk her only thought in process is to feed her pups. While she is feeding them, I find they get the best sleep.

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
She is not sleeping well because she is still in pain from the C-session, I assume she had a C-session. She should settle down in a few more days. After about the second week, they will sleep longer between feedings, usually the third week they will go three hours between feedings and sometime at night they will go 4 hours. and as they get older the time between feedings will get a little longer. I would feed mama puppy food and all she wants right now because she is feeding pups and needs all the nutrition she can get. Give her some goats milk to drink too, to help give her some calcium, also give her a good dog supplement like NuVet Plus or Hardypet complete. We always feed or moms puppy food when they are pregnant and the whole time she is nursing pups. We also feed ours FROMM 4 star and the pup and mom FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag.

Thank you so much for all the helpful info

- - - Updated - - -

I always like to refer to Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor for the best food to be feeding.

Thank you so much

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
I have to say....I'm impressed with the way you've handled becoming a grandparent overnight.

You are such a trooper for taking the advice of the people on this forum and following thru the best you can.

I can't wait to see what these babies look like as they get older. We definitely need weekly (if not daily) photos of this new crew.

:bravo:

Thank you so much i appreciate that, i will post weekly pictures of them for everyone to see :)

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
David has you covered, Cookie may also not want to sleep because while she has milk her only thought in process is to feed her pups. While she is feeding them, I find they get the best sleep.

Yes that's what i was thinking also because she is always with her babies at all times so i have to be on supervision 24/7 lol

but cookie been doing a great job, only things is she sits down on them sometimes and she don't seem to notice it and she weights 54lbs.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I also am so proud of you for stepping up and taking such good care of Cookie and her babies. How are y'all managing with your work schedule and everything else? I'm glad you are going to post pics of them every week because I'm so anxious to see what they will look like. I know it's a lot of work, but isn't it a lot of fun too? [MENTION=14693]Josebulldog89[/MENTION]

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
I also am so proud of you for stepping up and taking such good care of Cookie and her babies. How are y'all managing with your work schedule and everything else? I'm glad you are going to post pics of them every week because I'm so anxious to see what they will look like. I know it's a lot of work, but isn't it a lot of fun too? [MENTION=14693]Josebulldog89[/MENTION]

Well i quit my job because i really dint have time to take care of them if i was working i was a sales manager for a fashion distribution and it required me to work 6 days a week, with that said i already had plans of leaving that job because i was not being paid well for all the money i was bringing to the business and also they discriminate against Latino workers which always bother me. I was working with them for 4 years and also found out some workers the same race as the owner which were Asian were getting payed the same as me and they dint even have a year in the company and i had a higher tittle in the company that's why the sales manager tittle for me dint mean anything to me there for that reason.
Time to look for a new job in about 2 months from now.

And yes is sure is fun today 2 of the puppies open their eyes it was awesome :) i will be posting some new pictures by tomorrow for everyone to see.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Good luck to you on finding another job and congrats on the pups. I was never around when the female I had as a teenager and into my twenties had pups since I travelled a lot for work then but always loved playing with them one the were older. I wanted to keep one of the male pups she had but my mother sold him because some other guy had to have him and paid a premium.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well i quit my job because i really dint have time to take care of them if i was working i was a sales manager for a fashion distribution and it required me to work 6 days a week, with that said i already had plans of leaving that job because i was not being paid well for all the money i was bringing to the business and also they discriminate against Latino workers which always bother me. I was working with them for 4 years and also found out some workers the same race as the owner which were Asian were getting payed the same as me and they dint even have a year in the company and i had a higher tittle in the company that's why the sales manager tittle for me dint mean anything to me there for that reason.
Time to look for a new job in about 2 months from now.

And yes is sure is fun today 2 of the puppies open their eyes it was awesome :) i will be posting some new pictures by tomorrow for everyone to see.

WOW --- best of luck with the job search. Hope you are catching up on your sleep

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.