punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
thanks.. if i change his food i will make sure my allergy dog doesn't get in his.. i had them all on the same thing just to make sure she didn't.. i will have vet look at eyes then start with food.. thanks for advice.. love this site..

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
.. his water is in metal bowl and food bowl also .
Hi Gail, are you using pure stainless steel bowls? If bowls are made of mixed metals or covered with metal alloys it is possible they could cause allergies.
Having the vet check Rocky's eyes has been great advice, I hope your sweet boy has no problems with his eyes and that you will find the cause and it's solution soon :yes:

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
i'm using the dura pet stainless steel bowls.. i like these bowls because the back of the bowls are higher and they don't make such a mess like they do regular..

618IaopGZKL._SL1200_.jpg

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
UPDATE,,,, well its been a while but i think i have finally figured out my rocky's tear staining problem.. as i said before he was on alot of medicines with his tail infection and ear infections and i thought it could be the problem.. but, after being off all that and reading alot of post i think we have solved the problem.. i can't remember who mentioned it but someone suggested that the rice in the food i was feeding him could be one problem.. i did switch his food and found one that my dog with the allergies and he can eat with no rice and his eyes are looking great.. they are not completely cleared up but i can see a hugh difference everyday they look better and better.. so looks like it was the food i was feeding him.. i am so relieved and i also notices his ear isn't getting full of that brown yucky stuff either.. hope this may help someone else thats having this problem

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
UPDATE,,,, well its been a while but i think i have finally figured out my rocky's tear staining problem.. as i said before he was on alot of medicines with his tail infection and ear infections and i thought it could be the problem.. but, after being off all that and reading alot of post i think we have solved the problem.. i can't remember who mentioned it but someone suggested that the rice in the food i was feeding him could be one problem.. i did switch his food and found one that my dog with the allergies and he can eat with no rice and his eyes are looking great.. they are not completely cleared up but i can see a hugh difference everyday they look better and better.. so looks like it was the food i was feeding him.. i am so relieved and i also notices his ear isn't getting full of that brown yucky stuff either.. hope this may help someone else thats having this problem

Hi Gail, I'm not having any problems with tear stains, but my male Dozer is having lots of allergy issues with 4 different proteins, and he is suffering with goopy eyes, excessive paw licking, itchiness, his ears are yeasty, and he has scratched himself almost raw on his chest. I have been switching his food for a few months, and then I did a detox of all proteins using Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Vegan kibble for a month, then I introduced a Novel Protein, with Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Kangaroo kibble, he improved the most with the vegan kibble, but lost weight because there wasn't any protein in it. He had some improvement with the kangaroo, but was still licking, and had bad gas, I then switched him to rabbit, but he did not do well with protein, and his symptoms got worse again. I just started him tonight on Earthborn Natural Coastal kibble, and I'm hoping I'll have better luck with a fish protein. My next step if this doesn't work, was to try using the Honest Kitchen dehydrated mix and adding my own protein source, or maybe putting him back on the Vegan kibble and adding my own protein to that. Which brand of dog food did you find to feed your dogs, that gave you the improvements? I'm so glad that you finally found something that worked for your guys. I hope I can find something that Dozer tolerates. I feel so bad for him that he isn't comfortable, and he has all these issues.

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh I do know what you are going through. We had our abbey tested for her allergies and it turns out she's is allergic to 25 different things. That's not counting the boarder line things. Most of it seemed to be food allergies. Switching her food helped a lot but the scratching was still there and she too scratched till she was raw and bleeding. I felt so bad for her. She had so many medicated baths that helped but only for a few days. We started her on natural balance limited ingredients the lamb and rice. Did great then we got our rescue and after many creams and wipes (for his tear stains) I switched to the earth born coastal. They both seem to be doing great. She's not scratching and his tear stains are great. Although I will say that what has helped my abbey the most after many shots, that did not help , only made it worse. I found a new vet and she is now taking apoquel and it was almost an over night cure for her. I thought I got a new dog. She looks and acts so much better. It's a little pricey. Here I pay $110.00 for it and it is a months supply. We are hoping that eventually we will be able to cut her dosage down to just one pill a day instead of two. Good luck I hope this is helpful and you can get dozer some relief. When our babies don't feel well we don't feel good either.

Members online

No members online now.