Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Couple of things:

When I got Harvey from the breeder, I was asked if I wanted full breeding rights or limited breeding rights. There was a $500 difference in the price. Limited sounded negative to me so I said full. When Harvey turned 1, I had him neutered so there goes the breeding rights. In hindsight, I could have opted for limited rights and could have saved me $500. Nonetheless, it is all irrelevant as we love him and consider him a part of the family, that is most important.

Now with your issue. From a morality standpoint, shame on that breeder. There is a special place for people like that who purposely deceive others for their own personal gain. Now I suppose, he is gone and nowhere to be found. Karma is a b@i*c$ and will haunt this person down in its due course. Now going back to Zilia. Just move on and just treat her the same way you have since inception with much love and attention. That is my 2 cts. After all, she is now a member of your family.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Well, it's not like you're going to give him back.

But I would ask for a partial refund since non-AKC dogs cost a lot less. If they refuse, depending on what you paid, it may be worth it to take them to small claims court.

eta: like [MENTION=12554]harveyspecter[/MENTION] my breeder also charged 500 more for full registration rights (for Blue) so we paid it then got him neutered when he turned two anyway. Wellie was re-homed to us. His former owners purchased him from a pet store. He came with papers but not AKC. I don't care, he's still my baby.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Well, you definitely got cheated. But I'm sure you love Zilia whether or not she has papers. If you aren't planning to show her or breed her, the papers don't really make any difference. I guess you could sue the breeder, but you probably wouldn't get much out of it. I mean it would be more trouble than it's worth. How did you find out the papers were fake, I'm just curious? I guess you could report the breeder to AKC. It would probably be satisfying just to get the breeder in some kind of trouble!

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
I just found out today that zilias akc papers are fake what would ya'll do

I would try and get in contact with the breeder, but it's likely to go no where. I recently submitted a complaint to the AKC and BBB in hopes someone will help me shutdown this EBD mill my breeder is running... I'm unsure how everything will go from here, but I've got confirmation from BBB that their reviewing my case.

I found out that my papers are fake about a month ago plus I've known since Boris was 5 months that he has severe hip dysplasia.

Just continue to love your Bully and don't stress over it.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Hi there
If you can find the breeder and if they say in there ads that they are AKC report them to the AKC, try to get a partial refund . I would only worry if you planned to Breed .
Then Love Zilias and hug and not give it another thought , to Me it would not matter .

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.