Hyper Bully.... more like a lab mixed with a Jack Russel...

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Anyone else here owns a super active bulldog? OMG... Izzy... the older she gets (now 3 years old) the more energy she seems to have. This past Sunday I took her to the swimming group. She is the ONLY bulldog that swims without the life jacket and she was the first one in the pool... and last one out. She played non stop running, fetching ball in the pool and swimming for 2 hours. And still got home and wanted to play.

Love the fact that she has so much energy... I can take her on a power walk for 45 minutes and I get tired! I am pretty active and work out everyday so I am sure this somehow translated to her but she is turning into a little Jack Russel!

Sometimes I wish she was the lazy, cuddling type... lol.

Am i the only owner of an energize bunny in a shape of a bulldog?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Mine are nowhere as active as Izzy (good to see you by the way), but they can both spend hours swimming too. They need their life jackets though.
Wellie can still go strong after that as well. Blue though needs his beauty rest.

Wellie just turned 2 on the 17th. Blue is going to be 3 in December.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
She sounds adorable! I think Stiggy would've been more active, if my bf and I were active. lol. He used to be a little energizer bunny at daycare.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yes!! Bella is a Border Collie in her heart, I'm convinced. The crazy thing is I have to keep her inactive because of a soft tissue injury.

Can you imagine!?

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Yes!! Bella is a Border Collie in her heart, I'm convinced. The crazy thing is I have to keep her inactive because of a soft tissue injury.

Can you imagine!?

She looks like an active bully! Actually Bella reminds me of Izzy's sister Daff! :)

Izzy already had 4 knee surgeries.... ACL's... can you imagine what I went through crating that baby for that long? It broke my heart too!

Breeder tells bulldogs are not meant to be active... go up and down the stairs... jump but Izzy is happy when she is active. Vet told me "let her be a dog!".

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
She looks like an active bully! Actually Bella reminds me of Izzy's sister Daff! :)

Izzy already had 4 knee surgeries.... ACL's... can you imagine what I went through crating that baby for that long? It broke my heart too!

Breeder tells bulldogs are not meant to be active... go up and down the stairs... jump but Izzy is happy when she is active. Vet told me "let her be a dog!".

Oh my!

Yeah, fun times at my house. Bella now runs from me when we come in from potty, since she knows I'm going to make her relax. No post-poop zoomies allowed! She now runs up and down the stairs trying to get away from me. Not fun!

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Oh my!

Yeah, fun times at my house. Bella now runs from me when we come in from potty, since she knows I'm going to make her relax. No post-poop zoomies allowed! She now runs up and down the stairs trying to get away from me. Not fun!

LMAO! post-poop zoombies! Izzy also gets excited after the does #2.... I always said it must contain Red Bull because as soon as she finishes it she SPRINTS so fast! And she will kick grass so high she looks like a gymnastic!

Bella is small like my baby, how much does she weight? I think they have an easier time breathing and maybe that's why they are so active.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
She sounds adorable! I think Stiggy would've been more active, if my bf and I were active. lol. He used to be a little energizer bunny at daycare.

I think dogs are a reflection of what we are.... thats why my mom's dog (2 schnauzers) are so neurotic! LMAO :w00t:

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
LMAO! post-poop zoombies! Izzy also gets excited after the does #2.... I always said it must contain Red Bull because as soon as she finishes it she SPRINTS so fast! And she will kick grass so high she looks like a gymnastic!

Bella is small like my baby, how much does she weight? I think they have an easier time breathing and maybe that's why they are so active.

At her last weigh-in, she was 41.5 pounds at 10.5 months old. What about Izzy?

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
At her last weigh-in, she was 41.5 pounds at 10.5 months old. What about Izzy?

Izzy at last weight in was 39lbs but I since I added coconut oil to her food as a topping she packed a few pounds... so probably 40-41lbs now.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Turned 3 on July - so she is full grown. I am the proud owner of a small bully!
10801786_561383494005754_578881636818346201_n.jpg

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I remember when I first joined- Izzy was in puppy class and you posted a thread about how Izzy had absolutely no interest in one of the classes. She was a typical bullie baby.. so cute. Can't believe that was over two years ago.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I remember when I first joined- Izzy was in puppy class and you posted a thread about how Izzy had absolutely no interest in one of the classes. She was a typical bullie baby.. so cute. Can't believe that was over two years ago.

Yes!!!! You have great memory! Our puppy classes... where she would sit sideways and challenge me .... I actually got upset with the school owner and emailed her throughout our course because she would make fun of Izzy and called her "typical bulldog behavior" in front of the entire class! We felt bulied :eek:LOL....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online