Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default So worried

So 2weeks or so ago I posted about Ruby having a limp out of no where which seemed to have got better after a few hrs cage rest and ant inflammatorys from the vet well she finished them on the course last week and seem to have been fine on it, up until today when she started limping again I've had her on cage rest all morning in the hope it would ease off abit, but my dog sitter has just texted and said she's limping quite bad on it I can't get a vets appointment until tomorrow morning and was wondering if any of you lovely lot have any suggestions as to course of action until we see the vet tomorrow I'm planning on keeping her on cage rest until she's at the vets tomorrow...I'm so worried and I'm praying it's nothing serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So worried

my abbey did this and i too was told the same thing.. rest.. we did that and shes all better but i fear it will happen again.. if you will please keep us updated.. get better ruby..

3. Likes ruby liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Tilly at two and a half had a knee issue , had too do with her tendons ( rear right leg ). The tendon had moved and it caused the knee cap to not sit correctly = her limping
    Was a simple operation and not all that costly either , they remover her pain but she always had a very slight limp there after , from what i understood from My vet it was not unusual for a Bulldog to have this issue

5. Likes ruby liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

There's not much more you can do until the diagnosis. Sending positive healing thoughts.

7. Likes 2BullyMama, ruby liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member bengardradar's Avatar
    Real Name
    AMY
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Radar
    Likes (Received)

I am thinking about you and know exactly how you feel, it is heartbreaking not knowing what is wrong. Hopefully it is nothing that rest won't continue to heal

9. Likes 2BullyMama, dolphin, ruby liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ruby View Post
    So 2weeks or so ago I posted about Ruby having a limp out of no where which seemed to have got better after a few hrs cage rest and ant inflammatorys from the vet well she finished them on the course last week and seem to have been fine on it, up until today when she started limping again I've had her on cage rest all morning in the hope it would ease off abit, but my dog sitter has just texted and said she's limping quite bad on it I can't get a vets appointment until tomorrow morning and was wondering if any of you lovely lot have any suggestions as to course of action until we see the vet tomorrow I'm planning on keeping her on cage rest until she's at the vets tomorrow...I'm so worried and I'm praying it's nothing serious

It could be something as simple as a sprain - do not worry yourself too much until the vet looks at her. I would keep her rested like you said. Remember if they tell you to rest her - that means for a few weeks, not just a few days. You can try some warm compresses on the leg if you have a heating pad and a gentle massage. Hoping & praying it nothing serious and a few weeks of rest will get her right back Keep us posted on what the vet says.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

11. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama, dolphin liked this post
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    It could be something as simple as a sprain - do not worry yourself too much until the vet looks at her. I would keep her rested like you said. Remember if they tell you to rest her - that means for a few weeks, not just a few days. You can try some warm compresses on the leg if you have a heating pad and a gentle massage. Hoping & praying it nothing serious and a few weeks of rest will get her right back Keep us posted on what the vet says.
    Thank-you I'm such a worrier when it comes to her with the compress can I just use a cloth soaked in warm water or will that aggravate it even more? As I don't have a heat pad but if need be I can go and get on from a chemist/pharmacy

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    well said, and totally agree. sometimes it can take many weeks for full healing. get the vet to check her and see what they find
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

14. Likes TyTysmom, dolphin liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ruby View Post
    Thank-you I'm such a worrier when it comes to her with the compress can I just use a cloth soaked in warm water or will that aggravate it even more? As I don't have a heat pad but if need be I can go and get on from a chemist/pharmacy

I worry too, so trust me I understand The cloth may work as well, it won't aggravate it - you just may need to re-heat often but you can massage the leg with it. If you are able to pickup a heating pad when ever you are out again, may be good to have on hand for her bad days. (or a heated blanket) I got Tyson an orthopedic warming bed when he was limping... it helps alot Best of luck, and remain calm - I'm sure she will be fine.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

16. Likes dolphin, ruby, Biogirl71 liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

When mine had an elbow sprain, we were told it can up to 6 weeks to heal. We kept him calm and only took him out for walks for about 4-5 weeks. He was also on Rimadyl (anti-inflammatory medication) for that long.

*IF* it's a soft tissue injury, because it could be anything, they take forever to heal.

But you'll know more after your vet appointment.

18. Likes TyTysmom, ruby liked this post
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default So worried

Thank-you everyone I'm hoping it's just a sprain I'm at home with her now and have her on stricked cage rest feel awful keeping her in her cage but she can't be trusted not to jump on the sofa when my backs turned and the hubby's under strick instructions not to let her out ( she gives him those puppy dog eyes knowing he'l give into her ) unless it's for toilet breaks
    @TyTysmom I have found a mini hot water bottle in the house which I'm going to fill wrap in a towel and use as a compress thank-you so much for your advice I will update after the vets tomorrow

20. Likes TyTysmom, nycbullymama liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)