So worried

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Just a quick update we had her at vets this morning and he seems to think it's a sprain he completely manipulated the leg and couldn't feel anything untoward, he's prescribed another course of anti inflammatorys and cage rest were to go back in two weeks for a follow up visit so glad it was nothing serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great update! Now lots of rest rest rest :)

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thanks again for the help.. The vet said it was a good idea putting the compress on it id of never of thought to do that if you wouldn't of said......were having to put her on her lead to take her out to go potty, just so she doesn't try jumping or the sofa when we let her out the cage....she currently led in her cage with her back to me in a sulk [emoji3]

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thanks again for the help.. The vet said it was a good idea putting the compress on it id of never of thought to do that if you wouldn't of said......were having to put her on her lead to take her out to go potty, just so she doesn't try jumping or the sofa when we let her out the cage....she currently led in her cage with her back to me in a sulk [emoji3]

Your Ruby's story mirrors my Bella's story. She started limping in April at about 6 months old, after vigorous play with another dog. She has continued to limp on and off since then. She NEVER rests, as she's a wild one. The limp does not (I repeat, does NOT) slow her down. The vet did xrays and determined that it's a soft tissue injury. Also, like you, they couldn't feel any problems when they manipulate her leg.

She's been on Rimadyl before, but the limp comes back, since she plays so hard. Anyway, I'm trying to keep her inactive for 6 weeks, and I'm giving her Dasuquin with MSM, which I think helps. We're in like week 2 of resting, and it's not easy. She's now running from me, which is extremely counter-productive.

Anyway, good luck with your sweetie! We can commiserate. :)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

Glad to help! Hah. I love it when they give you the look. Its like "How dare you?" ahhahah.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Give her lots of love and bones to chew on while being crated! :) I became a regular at our feed store when Izzy got injured. Every day was a new bone, pig ear, nose, antler... for her to spend her energy on! :)

Wishing Ruby a speedy recovery :angelheart:

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Your Ruby's story mirrors my Bella's story. She started limping in April at about 6 months old, after vigorous play with another dog. She has continued to limp on and off since then. She NEVER rests, as she's a wild one. The limp does not (I repeat, does NOT) slow her down. The vet did xrays and determined that it's a soft tissue injury. Also, like you, they couldn't feel any problems when they manipulate her leg.

She's been on Rimadyl before, but the limp comes back, since she plays so hard. Anyway, I'm trying to keep her inactive for 6 weeks, and I'm giving her Dasuquin with MSM, which I think helps. We're in like week 2 of resting, and it's not easy. She's now running from me, which is extremely counter-productive.

Anyway, good luck with your sweetie! We can commiserate. :)

Cali Doll Ruby is wild too she doesn't think she has to rest lol we are having to
Lesh her when letting her out to go potty as no soon as the cage door is open she's trying to jump on the sofa or wanting to play I can see this being a fun couple of weeks trying to make her rest with me ending up with premature grey hair at the end of it..

The dasuquin with msm Is that a supplement?

Hope bellas leg heals up soon

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Cali Doll Ruby is wild too she doesn't think she has to rest lol we are having to
Lesh her when letting her out to go potty as no soon as the cage door is open she's trying to jump on the sofa or wanting to play I can see this being a fun couple of weeks trying to make her rest with me ending up with premature grey hair at the end of it..

The dasuquin with msm Is that a supplement?

Hope bellas leg heals up soon

Yeah, we do the potty leash thing, too...in our own fenced-in backyard. lol! (Moms of hyper bullies need a support group!)

Yeah, it's a supplement that someone on here mentioned. Do a search for lots of great info. Here's a link to it on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM Chewables, Small/Medium Dog, 150 Count: Pet Supplies

I'm really hoping it works because I don't like giving her so much Rimadyl. (She's been on and off Rimadly since April.)

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Glad to help! Hah. I love it when they give you the look. Its like "How dare you?" ahhahah.

I do too they have so much personality and they certainly know how to you let you know they are not impressed with you haha

Give her lots of love and bones to chew on while being crated! :) I became a regular at our feed store when Izzy got injured. Every day was a new bone, pig ear, nose, antler... for her to spend her energy on! :)

Wishing Ruby a speedy recovery :angelheart:

Thank-you, we today bought her lots of new chew toys and bones to keep her occupied while in her cage..I'm also off on annual leave from work now for two weeks and will be able give her lots of cuddles

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Yeah, we do the potty leash thing, too...in our own fenced-in backyard. lol! (Moms of hyper bullies need a support group!)

Yeah, it's a supplement that someone on here mentioned. Do a search for lots of great info. Here's a link to it on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM Chewables, Small/Medium Dog, 150 Count: Pet Supplies

I'm really hoping it works because I don't like giving her so much Rimadyl. (She's been on and off Rimadly since April.)

Our yards fenced into my neighbours are going to think I'm crazy(that's if they don't already ) if they look out their back windows and see me with Ruby on a leash in the back yard lol I always say whoever said bully's are lazy couch potatoes have definitely not met my Ruby lol

Thank-you il have a look at that and may well start her on it.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Just a quick update we had her at vets this morning and he seems to think it's a sprain he completely manipulated the leg and couldn't feel anything untoward, he's prescribed another course of anti inflammatorys and cage rest were to go back in two weeks for a follow up visit so glad it was nothing serious

Checking back in & relieved to read this, had to do this with both
my bullies (at different times) and it takes quite some time for
these sprains & soft tissue injuries to heal. You have to MAKE your
self do what's needed, crate rest! Or small corrall confinement for
3-4 weeks then another 3-4 weeks of very cautious behavior. Potty
times on leash, no doggy friends over, etc. Hard but needed!

Most Reactions