So worried

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
So 2weeks or so ago I posted about Ruby having a limp out of no where which seemed to have got better after a few hrs cage rest and ant inflammatorys from the vet well she finished them on the course last week and seem to have been fine on it, up until today when she started limping again I've had her on cage rest all morning in the hope it would ease off abit, but my dog sitter has just texted and said she's limping quite bad on it I can't get a vets appointment until tomorrow morning and was wondering if any of you lovely lot have any suggestions as to course of action until we see the vet tomorrow I'm planning on keeping her on cage rest until she's at the vets tomorrow...I'm so worried and I'm praying it's nothing serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
my abbey did this and i too was told the same thing.. rest.. we did that and shes all better but i fear it will happen again.. if you will please keep us updated.. get better ruby..

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Tilly at two and a half had a knee issue , had too do with her tendons ( rear right leg ). The tendon had moved and it caused the knee cap to not sit correctly = her limping
Was a simple operation and not all that costly either , they remover her pain but she always had a very slight limp there after , from what i understood from My vet it was not unusual for a Bulldog to have this issue

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
There's not much more you can do until the diagnosis. Sending positive healing thoughts.

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
I am thinking about you and know exactly how you feel, it is heartbreaking not knowing what is wrong. Hopefully it is nothing that rest won't continue to heal

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So 2weeks or so ago I posted about Ruby having a limp out of no where which seemed to have got better after a few hrs cage rest and ant inflammatorys from the vet well she finished them on the course last week and seem to have been fine on it, up until today when she started limping again I've had her on cage rest all morning in the hope it would ease off abit, but my dog sitter has just texted and said she's limping quite bad on it I can't get a vets appointment until tomorrow morning and was wondering if any of you lovely lot have any suggestions as to course of action until we see the vet tomorrow I'm planning on keeping her on cage rest until she's at the vets tomorrow...I'm so worried and I'm praying it's nothing serious

It could be something as simple as a sprain - do not worry yourself too much until the vet looks at her. I would keep her rested like you said. Remember if they tell you to rest her - that means for a few weeks, not just a few days. You can try some warm compresses on the leg if you have a heating pad and a gentle massage. Hoping & praying it nothing serious and a few weeks of rest will get her right back :) Keep us posted on what the vet says.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
It could be something as simple as a sprain - do not worry yourself too much until the vet looks at her. I would keep her rested like you said. Remember if they tell you to rest her - that means for a few weeks, not just a few days. You can try some warm compresses on the leg if you have a heating pad and a gentle massage. Hoping & praying it nothing serious and a few weeks of rest will get her right back :) Keep us posted on what the vet says.

Thank-you I'm such a worrier when it comes to her with the compress can I just use a cloth soaked in warm water or will that aggravate it even more? As I don't have a heat pad but if need be I can go and get on from a chemist/pharmacy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

well said, and totally agree. sometimes it can take many weeks for full healing. get the vet to check her and see what they find

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank-you I'm such a worrier when it comes to her with the compress can I just use a cloth soaked in warm water or will that aggravate it even more? As I don't have a heat pad but if need be I can go and get on from a chemist/pharmacy

I worry too, so trust me I understand :) The cloth may work as well, it won't aggravate it - you just may need to re-heat often but you can massage the leg with it. If you are able to pickup a heating pad when ever you are out again, may be good to have on hand for her bad days. (or a heated blanket) I got Tyson an orthopedic warming bed when he was limping... it helps alot :) Best of luck, and remain calm - I'm sure she will be fine.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
When mine had an elbow sprain, we were told it can up to 6 weeks to heal. We kept him calm and only took him out for walks for about 4-5 weeks. He was also on Rimadyl (anti-inflammatory medication) for that long.

*IF* it's a soft tissue injury, because it could be anything, they take forever to heal.

But you'll know more after your vet appointment.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thank-you everyone I'm hoping it's just a sprain I'm at home with her now and have her on stricked cage rest feel awful keeping her in her cage but she can't be trusted not to jump on the sofa when my backs turned and the hubby's under strick instructions not to let her out ( she gives him those puppy dog eyes knowing he'l give into her ) unless it's for toilet breaks
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] I have found a mini hot water bottle in the house which I'm going to fill wrap in a towel and use as a compress thank-you so much for your advice I will update after the vets tomorrow

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Just a quick update we had her at vets this morning and he seems to think it's a sprain he completely manipulated the leg and couldn't feel anything untoward, he's prescribed another course of anti inflammatorys and cage rest were to go back in two weeks for a follow up visit so glad it was nothing serious

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.