I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So worried

Sending best wishes to Ruby that it is nothing serious and with some stringent bed rest and care, she gets better soon!
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

3. Likes ruby liked this post
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Just a quick update we had her at vets this morning and he seems to think it's a sprain he completely manipulated the leg and couldn't feel anything untoward, he's prescribed another course of anti inflammatorys and cage rest were to go back in two weeks for a follow up visit so glad it was nothing serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ruby View Post
    Just a quick update we had her at vets this morning and he seems to think it's a sprain he completely manipulated the leg and couldn't feel anything untoward, he's prescribed another course of anti inflammatorys and cage rest were to go back in two weeks for a follow up visit so glad it was nothing serious

Great update! Now lots of rest rest rest

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

7. Likes ruby liked this post
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Thanks again for the help.. The vet said it was a good idea putting the compress on it id of never of thought to do that if you wouldn't of said......were having to put her on her lead to take her out to go potty, just so she doesn't try jumping or the sofa when we let her out the cage....she currently led in her cage with her back to me in a sulk

9. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Thanks again for the help.. The vet said it was a good idea putting the compress on it id of never of thought to do that if you wouldn't of said......were having to put her on her lead to take her out to go potty, just so she doesn't try jumping or the sofa when we let her out the cage....she currently led in her cage with her back to me in a sulk

Your Ruby's story mirrors my Bella's story. She started limping in April at about 6 months old, after vigorous play with another dog. She has continued to limp on and off since then. She NEVER rests, as she's a wild one. The limp does not (I repeat, does NOT) slow her down. The vet did xrays and determined that it's a soft tissue injury. Also, like you, they couldn't feel any problems when they manipulate her leg.

She's been on Rimadyl before, but the limp comes back, since she plays so hard. Anyway, I'm trying to keep her inactive for 6 weeks, and I'm giving her Dasuquin with MSM, which I think helps. We're in like week 2 of resting, and it's not easy. She's now running from me, which is extremely counter-productive.

Anyway, good luck with your sweetie! We can commiserate.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

11. Likes ruby liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Glad to help! Hah. I love it when they give you the look. Its like "How dare you?" ahhahah.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

13. Likes ruby liked this post
    Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Give her lots of love and bones to chew on while being crated! I became a regular at our feed store when Izzy got injured. Every day was a new bone, pig ear, nose, antler... for her to spend her energy on!

Wishing Ruby a speedy recovery

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

15. Likes Cali Doll, ruby, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
    Your Ruby's story mirrors my Bella's story. She started limping in April at about 6 months old, after vigorous play with another dog. She has continued to limp on and off since then. She NEVER rests, as she's a wild one. The limp does not (I repeat, does NOT) slow her down. The vet did xrays and determined that it's a soft tissue injury. Also, like you, they couldn't feel any problems when they manipulate her leg.

She's been on Rimadyl before, but the limp comes back, since she plays so hard. Anyway, I'm trying to keep her inactive for 6 weeks, and I'm giving her Dasuquin with MSM, which I think helps. We're in like week 2 of resting, and it's not easy. She's now running from me, which is extremely counter-productive.

Anyway, good luck with your sweetie! We can commiserate.
    Cali Doll Ruby is wild too she doesn't think she has to rest lol we are having to
    Lesh her when letting her out to go potty as no soon as the cage door is open she's trying to jump on the sofa or wanting to play I can see this being a fun couple of weeks trying to make her rest with me ending up with premature grey hair at the end of it..

The dasuquin with msm Is that a supplement?

Hope bellas leg heals up soon

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Cali Doll Ruby is wild too she doesn't think she has to rest lol we are having to
    Lesh her when letting her out to go potty as no soon as the cage door is open she's trying to jump on the sofa or wanting to play I can see this being a fun couple of weeks trying to make her rest with me ending up with premature grey hair at the end of it..

The dasuquin with msm Is that a supplement?

Hope bellas leg heals up soon

Yeah, we do the potty leash thing, too...in our own fenced-in backyard. lol! (Moms of hyper bullies need a support group!)

Yeah, it's a supplement that someone on here mentioned. Do a search for lots of great info. Here's a link to it on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM Chewables, Small/Medium Dog, 150 Count: Pet Supplies

I'm really hoping it works because I don't like giving her so much Rimadyl. (She's been on and off Rimadly since April.)
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Glad to help! Hah. I love it when they give you the look. Its like "How dare you?" ahhahah.
    I do too they have so much personality and they certainly know how to you let you know they are not impressed with you haha

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy's Mom View Post
    Give her lots of love and bones to chew on while being crated! I became a regular at our feed store when Izzy got injured. Every day was a new bone, pig ear, nose, antler... for her to spend her energy on!

Wishing Ruby a speedy recovery
    Thank-you, we today bought her lots of new chew toys and bones to keep her occupied while in her cage..I'm also off on annual leave from work now for two weeks and will be able give her lots of cuddles

19. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I'm also off on annual leave from work now for two weeks and will be able give her lots of cuddles

21. Likes ruby liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads