nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Talk about a spoiled bulldog.. wow..

I change their water three times a day. Breakfast, Dinner and before bed.

Just now, we came in after our last walk. I didn't change their water right away. Blue stood in the entryway to the kitchen panting and looking at me. Couldn't figure out what he wanted. I mean
it couldn't be that he wanted fresh water, right? Wrong.

I go in, wash out their water bowl, refill with clean (brita filtered), cold water and my darling little angel plants his face right into it. Laps it up like it's Ambrosia. When he's had his fill, he turns around and trots away.

HE WAS WAITING FOR FRESH WATER. Because you know, the water from dinner just wasn't good enough anymore. It must be FRESH!
How crazy is that?

So what prima donna things are your bullies known for?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Way to go, Mr. Thang! lol.

The only thing I can think of is that Punks, 9 out of 10 times, will need to see a treat in our hands in order for him to get out of bed, get back in the house after doing his business, go to bed, etc etc. He trained his minions well.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson does the SAME thing with his water. If it has any drool or speck of grass or anything - he'll look at it, then look at me. I of course go change it, put it down & he starts gulping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank isn't picky about water but is demanding with his treats after going poop. And if he spills kibble on the floor when eating, he will look at me to pick them up for him and put them back into his bowl.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: you are trained well, Ellie!

Banks had a few things, I can't think of a specific example, but she was very much a queen.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It's all just crazy to me. They're all just so spoiled..

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
They're so smart! I'm sure that there's so much more actual thinking going on those heads than we dare to think...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's all just crazy to me. They're all just so spoiled..

sweety, they are not spoiled, we are well trained -- using spoiled just makes us feel better :giggle:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I love blue! how dare you not give fresh water!

Ruthie is like that with her water, she will not drink after brutus because of all his slobber, which i totally get. It's gross.
but yet she will go to the dog park and sit in the community water bowl...weirdo.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
OMG! Your bullies are spoiled :wave5:

When I first got Izzy I would do the filter water... until I realized she drinks water from the Bayou and dog park pool :w00t: she is like the honey badger! Honey Badger dont care!!!!

After that I give her whatever water is available... tap... from my cup... from a water bottle... she is not picky! She eats Fromm's, organic peanut butter and filtered salmon oil at home... and rocks, dirt, paper out in the streets! Classy :p

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
OMG! Your bullies are spoiled :wave5:

When I first got Izzy I would do the filter water... until I realized she drinks water from the Bayou and dog park pool :w00t: she is like the honey badger! Honey Badger dont care!!!!

After that I give her whatever water is available... tap... from my cup... from a water bottle... she is not picky! She eats Fromm's, organic peanut butter and filtered salmon oil at home... and rocks, dirt, paper out in the streets! Classy :p

lol.. should hook her up with my Wellie. He doesn't care either. If it's on the floor, it'll go into his mouth. He'll figure out after it's in there if he wants it or not..lol.

Blue though- OMG.. He won't drink out of anything other than his own water bowl, or my water bottle. He will not use "public" dog pools, will not drink out of "public" water bowls. I always have to carry his water with me when we go to events.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
lol.. should hook her up with my Wellie. He doesn't care either. If it's on the floor, it'll go into his mouth. He'll figure out after it's in there if he wants it or not..lol.

Blue though- OMG.. He won't drink out of anything other than his own water bowl, or my water bottle. He will not use "public" dog pools, will not drink out of "public" water bowls. I always have to carry his water with me when we go to events.

Your description of Wellie's behavior is perfect for Izzy too! She eats then she decides if she wants it or not! It can be dust... rocks... hair.... if there is a chance there is a bread crumb in what she licks then she thinks its worth it!

Amazing how different in personalities they can be!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus will not do anything without his ball in his mouth. So if I try to get him to potty, he will immediately go on a hunt and search for the ball, then proceed outside. Frankie will sit an demand a cookie as soon as he gets in from his potty break. He plops down in front of the cookies and will stare at them/you until he gets one. Now, the most embarrasing thing Frankie has ever done, is about 8-8:30pm my boys are done and it is nite nite time. My daughter had company over one night and Brutus hopped up on the couch and quickly settled in for the night. Frankie sat and stared at my daughters friend and grumbled loudly at him. I had to explain that he was sitting in Frankies nite nite spot and he had to move or he would not stop grumbling. The prince would not go to sleep anywhere but his recliner!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
ROFL [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] now that's funny.

When I walk Wellie, he has his potty spots and they're all behind two specific benches. Well, it's summer now, and the people that work here are always out having lunch on theses benches. Wellie doesn't care, they're his spots!

He runs behind them while I let go of his lead, does his business then squeezes himself out from under the bench. Anyone sitting in those spots.. well.. they part like Moses parted the red sea... :lol:
I always apologize and explain it's his spot..lol..

But yes, I've tried over and over to get him to do his business elsewhere. The only other place is in the bushes, and if the battery park police catch him in there, I get fined. So behind the benches it is.. :whistle:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online