Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I think it's a great idea as long as you've had enough time to bond with the first one - if not, dogs tend to bond with one another more then they bond with their humans (this included companion breeds) - that being said, its always good to have a bit of time apart. after that's it's only fun!

Oh he is DEFINITELY a mommas boy! He has very much bonded with all of us- but I think sees me as pack leader. He listens and responds to me much easier and quicker than anyone else in the house. When he has seen other dogs he gets so excited. I don't think it will be a hard adjustment for him either. ��

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
[MENTION=14682]Corine Pesantes[/MENTION], isn't it great to have a Momma's boy? My Tucker is one, but he does share his love with others too. Our bond is just more solid.

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
[MENTION=14682]Corine Pesantes[/MENTION], isn't it great to have a Momma's boy? My Tucker is one, but he does share his love with others too. Our bond is just more solid.

Yes! That's a perfect way to describe it! I do love it! He absolutely loves my lap! The other night my husband tried to get him to sit on his lap. He did- for about 2 seconds, then crawled right back to me. LOL! I'm curious to see who Penney will attach herself too. We pick her up tomorrow evening. I can't wait!!

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I can't wait to see pics of the two of them together! Keep us posted on how much fun they have together!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have two bullys, but I myself would never take two that are the same age. One puppy is hard enough to train. You need to have time for them both. They will not train each other or not to behave good at least. They will have every troublesome age at the same time. Also one thing to consider is that they will most likely go to the rainbow bridge very close to each other.

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Penney is home!! She's so sweet and loving. She's also a little spit fire!! Very quiet though, I haven't heard her bark or whine yet. She did very well on the 2 - hour ride home. Lockjaw was a little hesitant about her and I think still is a little. She's slightly smaller that he is ( and her fur is sooooooo soft!), so he's been a little dominant over her. (to which she isn't shy about showing him she can be boss too) Which is to be expected. She came into his home, with his toys etc. I have them sleeping separately tonight so that neither one of them are overwhelmed with one another and so they both can get a good night sleep. Tomorrow night I may try putting them both in the same kennel and see how that goes. Lockjaw seems to be a little more on the ball with potty training though. So we will continue to work on that. I will try to get some good pics of them tomorrow and post. YAY!!!

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Had a good day today!!! They are acquainting nicely! Although, Lockjaw LOVES his naps and Penney LOVES messing with him while he sleeps! Lol

image.jpg image.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.