Advice on getting a 2nd Bully....

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Well, I think I talked the hubby into it! A little nervous for the next few months- but I think it will work out better than I anticipate. I'm excited for both of them to be able to grow up together and have eachother all of the time. I think we are going to call her Penny.

View attachment 90328

Yay! Can't wait! I sure hope we didn't pressure you and your hubby into the decision. :lol: Another advantage is that you don't need to constantly pay attention to them because they'll keep each other busy. So, in a way, more rest for you. Sorta!

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Oh good! This makes me feel good! We are going to go either Friday evening or Saturday morning to pick her up. The breeder is 2 hours away, so once we get her it will be good bonding time between the both of them in the kennel. Then just spend the weekend getting her adjusted, used to us and try getting her on our routine. I'm so excited! I'm mostly comforted knowing that neither one of them will be alone during the day. And in hindsight, he's a dog- he'll be ok, but I feel bad when we aren't home. At least now he'll have his sister and they will be able to entertain one another until we get home in the afternoons. Thank you for your reply!

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
No pressure at all!!! More like "Look Babe- everyone else says it's a GREAT idea!" ;). I wanted her as soon as I saw her. Just a big decision to make and my husband has a soft spot for the bully's. In the end, it didn't take much convincing. I really just wanted to get a feel of how "the first dog" reacts to bringing another one home. BUT- bc she is his sister, I figured it wouldn't be that hard to acquaint them again. He will also be coming with us when we pick her up. Our girls didn't know when we got Lockjaw- complete surprise to them, but now they know we are getting Penney. The anticipation is already building up for them! I really appreciate all the input and reply's! It made ,y decision easier to make. :D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No pressure at all!!! More like "Look Babe- everyone else says it's a GREAT idea!" ;). I wanted her as soon as I saw her. Just a big decision to make and my husband has a soft spot for the bully's. In the end, it didn't take much convincing. I really just wanted to get a feel of how "the first dog" reacts to bringing another one home. BUT- bc she is his sister, I figured it wouldn't be that hard to acquaint them again. He will also be coming with us when we pick her up. Our girls didn't know when we got Lockjaw- complete surprise to them, but now they know we are getting Penney. The anticipation is already building up for them! I really appreciate all the input and reply's! It made ,y decision easier to make. :D

Congratulations. I can't wait to see pictures of your two together. Please share.

Rod52

Feb 26, 2015
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
I'm in the same boat as you . I had the whole summer off and I go back to work in September. My 1 year old cookie a female will be alone at least 10 hours Monday thru Friday . I'm considering getting a male playmate for her. My breeeder I got her from is expecting a litter by the middle of September and another maybe October. He might not have a male available for me in this litter but definitely the next unless someone backs out . But I hate to leave her alone for so long . So I'm planning to get another one also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
LOL where to start
All My life I have had more then one dog as I strongly think dogs are pack animals , any time I did have one for a short period of time i had trouble , chewing due to boardom , getting into stuff they should not ect ect .
I have My second Bully coming in app 1 month, but I also now have 4 other dogs as I retired and it is something I have always wanted along with a Camaro and a larger piece of property , I have all of those and a great pack of dogs ( Willow Siberian Husky,Diva a EB, Odin a Cane Corso, Dakota a Malamute/flat Lab mix and Primrose coming in a month or so )
My point is tho yes go for it the company is great for your dog but remember it is double the work , pooper scooper , walking , Vet bills ect ect
I can not imagine at 6 am going down those stairs without the HOARD following Me in great excitement all wanting out to , lol I have a quad cab Tundra that everyone in town knows as I drive up with the HOARDS to the pet store for there treats ( they love us in that store )
Go for it ya know ya wanna !

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm so excited! I am glad you decided to get Lockjaw's sister. I too have two bullies and love every minute of it.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Do it! I love having two and can't believe we went 2 years with just 1! My two became instant best friends!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Congrats so as we are all on the hook with Hubby we must have MANY MANY pics Please !

That said last week My daughter got married so i now have more space so I was wondering if you could give Me some advice on how you talked your Hubby into it , I have mentioned to the Prettyone that now that we have more space we could at least get two more bully's as we have a extra bedroom ( work in Progress ) any info appreciated !

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Well, I think I talked the hubby into it! A little nervous for the next few months- but I think it will work out better than I anticipate. I'm excited for both of them to be able to grow up together and have eachother all of the time. I think we are going to call her Penny.

View attachment 90328

Love those "eyebrows"! She looks like a cutie!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

View attachment 90328

OMG she is precious.... Congrats!!

mackbob

Sep 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bob (Bobman)
I think it's a great idea as long as you've had enough time to bond with the first one - if not, dogs tend to bond with one another more then they bond with their humans (this included companion breeds) - that being said, its always good to have a bit of time apart. after that's it's only fun!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.