Goat milk and baby bottle?

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
Hello everyone i just bought some goat milk as someone one recommended since some pups don't wanna eat from mommy i was wondering how much milk should be giving to each pup? Also should the milk be warm or cold?

Thanks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I've tagged some members who may be able to help. They should chime in soon.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Warm the bottle in a cup of really warm water, they will likely eat just a tiny amount. 1/2 ounce should be more than enough.

They will let go when they have had enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sorry I read this too late… I'm not familiar w/using goat's milk, but Lisa has you covered!!!

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
Warm the bottle in a cup of really warm water, they will likely eat just a tiny amount. 1/2 ounce should be more than enough.

They will let go when they have had enough

Yes that's exactly what i did i warm up the milk and fed them till they let go which was a small amount.
Also they seem to be wet most of the time is this normal seems like since they all gather up to sleep like they pee and poop on top of each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I read this too late… I'm not familiar w/using goat's milk, but Lisa has you covered!!!

its ok thank you :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes that's exactly what i did i warm up the milk and fed them till they let go which was a small amount.
Also they seem to be wet most of the time is this normal seems like since they all gather up to sleep like they pee and poop on top of each other.

- - - Updated - - -

its ok thank you :)

Yes you should change their bedding at each feed every two hours. You should also poop and pee them yourself with a cotton ball on some warm water because they cannot actually go by themselves without a little help.

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
Yes you should change their bedding at each feed every two hours. You should also poop and pee them yourself with a cotton ball on some warm water because they cannot actually go by themselves without a little help.

yes i have been doing all that good so far then.

Also they been having some trouble sleeping and a lot of crying not sure why is this also normal?

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
20150823_132322.jpg good morning everyone they sure keep me up all night only running with about 1 hr sleep lol. Taken care of both the pups and cookie hope everyone is having a great Sunday20150823_132727.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
yes i have been doing all that good so far then.

Also they been having some trouble sleeping and a lot of crying not sure why is this also normal?

Are they too warm or too cold? They must be in a draft free space with hot water bottles, or heat pad or heat lamp. Keep it around 85F. I keep my newborn pups my closet so there is no draft. They should have a hot pink color to their faces and paws.

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
Are they too warm or too cold? They must be in a draft free space with hot water bottles, or heat pad or heat lamp. Keep it around 85F. I keep my newborn pups my closet so there is no draft. They should have a hot pink color to their faces and paws.

Yes paws and nose are hot pink like you meantion i have this setup and so far has keep them calm i will try to put them in the closet good thing i have a large one. Look at my pic setup i have 1 lamp in between 2 beds so every 2 hr i switc them then to the clean bed next to it. Also if i put then in the closet should i keep the lamp???20150823_134432.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Do you have a heating pad? If so I would put half of the heating pad under the box and away so that they can move away from the heat if it's too warm

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
Do you have a heating pad? If so I would put half of the heating pad under the box and away so that they can move away from the heat if it's too warm

No i do not have a heating pad should i purchase one? i see so one side can be warm and the other more fresh if they feel its to warm they will move on their own.
Like which type of heating pad would be a good one? can you change temperature on a heating pad?

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yes paws and nose are hot pink like you meantion i have this setup and so far has keep them calm i will try to put them in the closet good thing i have a large one. Look at my pic setup i have 1 lamp in between 2 beds so every 2 hr i switc them then to the clean bed next to it. Also if i put then in the closet should i keep the lamp???View attachment 90286

Just wanted to tell you that I think you're doing a fantastic job handling this unexpected puppy delivery. I'm impressed! :D

ETA: They've grown a lot in just a couple of days. So sweet! Good job, mommy!

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
Just wanted to tell you that I think you're doing a fantastic job handling this unexpected puppy delivery. I'm impressed! :D

ETA: They've grown a lot in just a couple of days. So sweet! Good job, mommy!

thank you I've tried my best honestly and all the help from here was extremely helpful.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.