Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
20150822_151517.jpg20150822_151520.jpg20150822_152148.jpg20150822_152737.jpg20150822_152936.jpg20150822_154751.jpg20150822_173053.jpg20150822_173146.jpg

Hey guys here are some pics i will take more when i get a better chance been extremely busy and am sure its gonna get more busy thanks for all the help

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
I took my Bella to the vet's when she was pacing, panting, and having a heavy discharge. This was her first litter, so I literally had NO idea what to expect… we were very close to her due date. If you don't have a date then you need to have an experienced bully vet to make the decision on this one…

a successful c section was done today :)

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Is pops a pug/bully mix? I don't know a lot about pugs, but he seems to have a little bully in him.

Adorable pups!

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
[MENTION=14693]Josebulldog89[/MENTION], it looks like you have your hands full! They are so precious. Thank you for sharing. We want to see more as they grow!

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
[MENTION=14693]Josebulldog89[/MENTION], it looks like you have your hands full! They are so precious. Thank you for sharing. We want to see more as they grow!

yes i do from not knowing her due date is was pretty intense these past 5 days but now everything is good and time to nurse these babies.

I have a question some of the pups i try to make them eat milk from cookie but no matter what i try to do they don't seem to eat any suggestions if you have past experience?

Thank you

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I have no experience with puppies. However you may need to look into bottle feeding. We're the pups given a bottle before they were able to nurse Cookie? If so, that might be the problem. Tucker was bottle fed because his mother had a csection that ended up getting infected and the puppies couldn't nurse.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
yes i do from not knowing her due date is was pretty intense these past 5 days but now everything is good and time to nurse these babies.

I have a question some of the pups i try to make them eat milk from cookie but no matter what i try to do they don't seem to eat any suggestions if you have past experience?

Thank you

First off, congratulations grandma! That was like- whooooooop! Hello! Quite a huge surprise they arrived so quickly!

Are they too sleepy? If so, a dab of corn syrup in their mouth will help perk them up so they will eat, and just keep trying.

If you have to supplement go buy Dr. Browns preemie bottle and I prefer goats milk. It's very expensive but closest to mom's milk as you can get.

You MUST try to get them to nurse from mom, the colostrum during the first 4 days is the staple of their health.... Even if it's just a little, they need it. Remember mom's milk doesn't always come in for a day or so. They will eat much better once it does.

Here is the goat's milk you can buy at most grocery stores.

IMG_3560.JPG

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
I have no experience with puppies. However you may need to look into bottle feeding. We're the pups given a bottle before they were able to nurse Cookie? If so, that might be the problem. Tucker was bottle fed because his mother had a csection that ended up getting infected and the puppies couldn't nurse.

no the pups were not giving any bottle 5/6 already ate from mamma am gonna keep trying the other if not am gonna go buy that goat milk asap thank you

OP
Josebulldog89

Josebulldog89

Aug 16, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
First off, congratulations grandma! That was like- whooooooop! Hello! Quite a huge surprise they arrived so quickly!

Are they too sleepy? If so, a dab of corn syrup in their mouth will help perk them up so they will eat, and just keep trying.

If you have to supplement go buy Dr. Browns preemie bottle and I prefer goats milk. It's very expensive but closest to mom's milk as you can get.

You MUST try to get them to nurse from mom, the colostrum during the first 4 days is the staple of their health.... Even if it's just a little, they need it. Remember mom's milk doesn't always come in for a day or so. They will eat much better once it does.

Here is the goat's milk you can buy at most grocery stores.

View attachment 90275

yes they sure arrive very quickly lol.
Yes they been extremely sleepy so far thanks for that tip i will give that a go if the other pup wont teat again.
The vet also mention that the 4 days are play a big part on their health.
i'll keep that in mind thank you people for all the great tips it has sure help me out so much.

thank you thank you :)

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i got on the forum just a few minutes ago and missed this update! congrats on the new babies!!! We are all so happy that you are taking great care of Cookie and the pups! Love how proud that stud of a pug looks. stinker!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.