Jose C
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cookie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cookie's update !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mom of Tucker View Post
    @Josebulldog89, it looks like you have your hands full! They are so precious. Thank you for sharing. We want to see more as they grow!
    yes i do from not knowing her due date is was pretty intense these past 5 days but now everything is good and time to nurse these babies.

I have a question some of the pups i try to make them eat milk from cookie but no matter what i try to do they don't seem to eat any suggestions if you have past experience?

Thank you

Real Name
    Ginger
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker & Sophie
    Likes (Received)

I have no experience with puppies. However you may need to look into bottle feeding. We're the pups given a bottle before they were able to nurse Cookie? If so, that might be the problem. Tucker was bottle fed because his mother had a csection that ended up getting infected and the puppies couldn't nurse.

Mom of Tucker AND Sophie

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Josebulldog89 View Post
    yes i do from not knowing her due date is was pretty intense these past 5 days but now everything is good and time to nurse these babies.

I have a question some of the pups i try to make them eat milk from cookie but no matter what i try to do they don't seem to eat any suggestions if you have past experience?

Thank you
    First off, congratulations grandma! That was like- whooooooop! Hello! Quite a huge surprise they arrived so quickly!

Are they too sleepy? If so, a dab of corn syrup in their mouth will help perk them up so they will eat, and just keep trying.

If you have to supplement go buy Dr. Browns preemie bottle and I prefer goats milk. It's very expensive but closest to mom's milk as you can get.

You MUST try to get them to nurse from mom, the colostrum during the first 4 days is the staple of their health.... Even if it's just a little, they need it. Remember mom's milk doesn't always come in for a day or so. They will eat much better once it does.

Here is the goat's milk you can buy at most grocery stores.

-img_3560-jpg

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

4. Likes Mom of Tucker, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Jose C
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cookie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mom of Tucker View Post
    I have no experience with puppies. However you may need to look into bottle feeding. We're the pups given a bottle before they were able to nurse Cookie? If so, that might be the problem. Tucker was bottle fed because his mother had a csection that ended up getting infected and the puppies couldn't nurse.
    no the pups were not giving any bottle 5/6 already ate from mamma am gonna keep trying the other if not am gonna go buy that goat milk asap thank you

Real Name
    Jose C
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cookie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    First off, congratulations grandma! That was like- whooooooop! Hello! Quite a huge surprise they arrived so quickly!

Are they too sleepy? If so, a dab of corn syrup in their mouth will help perk them up so they will eat, and just keep trying.

If you have to supplement go buy Dr. Browns preemie bottle and I prefer goats milk. It's very expensive but closest to mom's milk as you can get.

You MUST try to get them to nurse from mom, the colostrum during the first 4 days is the staple of their health.... Even if it's just a little, they need it. Remember mom's milk doesn't always come in for a day or so. They will eat much better once it does.

Here is the goat's milk you can buy at most grocery stores.

-img_3560-jpg
    yes they sure arrive very quickly lol.
    Yes they been extremely sleepy so far thanks for that tip i will give that a go if the other pup wont teat again.
    The vet also mention that the 4 days are play a big part on their health.
    i'll keep that in mind thank you people for all the great tips it has sure help me out so much.

thank you thank you

7. Likes 2BullyMama, bullmama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

i got on the forum just a few minutes ago and missed this update! congrats on the new babies!!! We are all so happy that you are taking great care of Cookie and the pups! Love how proud that stud of a pug looks. stinker!

9. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Jose C
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cookie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    i got on the forum just a few minutes ago and missed this update! congrats on the new babies!!! We are all so happy that you are taking great care of Cookie and the pups! Love how proud that stud of a pug looks. stinker!
    Thank you so much i learn a lot from this great site and all the great people that advice me i could of not done it with all the help provided by you guy's thank you so much.

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Wow! That was fast! Those pics are wonderful, I so hope everything works out. Thanks for sharing!

Real Name
    Jose C
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cookie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Wow! That was fast! Those pics are wonderful, I so hope everything works out. Thanks for sharing!
    yes very fast but glad she gave birth on Saturday because our vet closes on Sunday and thank you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads