Nylabone Flexi Chew... recalled? missing in action?

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
My puppy Kevin.. Who turns 660 days old today.. Has a little chewing problem. Its not a bad problem, until you mix it with my wife's and teenage daughters shoe shopping problem.

As long as Kevin has a 'Binky' around the shoes in the house are safe.. His 'Binky' of choice has always been a 'Nylabone Flexi Chew'. He like the chewiness of the flexi chew over the harder Nylabones. He'll sit and gnash on one for hours..

Anway.. short story long.. He needed a new one so i ran over to Petco only to find out they don't sell them any more!!!! The entire Nylabone section had been removed.

The store manager said they had been recalled and they won't be selling any nylabones again.

Has anybody heard of any nylabone recall? They still show up on the Petco website, amazon.. and everywhere else. The only recall i can find is on a small batch of 'puppy packs'.
Nylabone Issues Limited Recall of Puppy Starter Kit | About Us | Company News | Nylabone®

Without his 'binky' he's a chewing machine!! This week alone I've had to pay out for a pair of $300 heels.. $150 sandals.. and he just ate one of my shoes.

I want to make sure they are still safe before i order one online...

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
I vaguely remember these being recalled due to salmanella outbreak. My dogs love them as well :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Only one I know of is the one you linked.... Have you checked Amazon for the bone you need?

WifeofPA

May 26, 2014
Spokane WA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Shelby, Victorian Bully and Conan, EB
The only product that can handle my Shelby's chewing is Star mark. Love love love them for heavy chewers.

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
Before anything, I have not heard any recalls on them at all. Jack used to have those for awhile when he was a baby, and loved them. But when he would chew on it sometimes his teeth would get stuck in the nylon. So I was worried and decided to look for something more safe, but still very durable. i ended up talking to my friend who is a professional dog trainer and she recommended us the IDC Caoutchouc ball. It is still in the same shape, no missing pieces or anything. I really like and trust it. Just throwing my experiences out there.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Before anything, I have not heard any recalls on them at all. Jack used to have those for awhile when he was a baby, and loved them. But when he would chew on it sometimes his teeth would get stuck in the nylon. So I was worried and decided to look for something more safe, but still very durable. i ended up talking to my friend who is a professional dog trainer and she recommended us the IDC Caoutchouc ball. It is still in the same shape, no missing pieces or anything. I really like and trust it. Just throwing my experiences out there.

Is it the one with the rope? I haven't found a rope that my Clyde can't consume. Would love it if this was the one!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
thumb.php
Use your 3D printer-here you go! [MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] They are on Sale at valuepetsupplies. I have not heard any recalls!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Those are Lola's go-to bones to chew...she loves antlers but once cracked her tooth and needed an extraction. Only flexichews for us now, but we're lucky in that she spits out all the bits. These could be dangerous for those that don't. I've not noticed a recall, but we usually buy online.

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was just shocked that the local Petco's have stopped selling all Nylabones... :unsure:

I ordered a few flexichews from amazon.. hopefully it will reduce the shoe carnage. I kind of chuckle when he gets one of my wifes or daughters shoes (they shouldn't be laying around right!?!). But last night he got one of MY favorites!!!!

shoe.jpg

R.I..P my comfy desert boot.. :sneaky2:

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Use your 3D printer-here you go!

He already destroyed my awesome bobble-head self portrait i made!!

bobble-head.jpg

(for the record.. My amazing beard doesn't scan well or show up in the 3d print)

He ripped my head off and chewed me up... im not sure what to think of that!!

We have tried other substitutes for the FlexiChews. We have a box full of:
Benebone Whisbones
Nylabone Dura Chews
Ruffwood Smartpay 'real wood' chew bones
Kongs of all shapes

Its just something with the texture of softer nylabones that stops him from destroying the house :( (and plastic statues of me! :tongue: )

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] Oops! I think when you say "shoe" Kevin thinks you are saying "chew!" Your self-portrait was the color of a nylabone, he thought it was a nylaskull :whistle:

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
Is it the one with the rope? I haven't found a rope that my Clyde can't consume. Would love it if this was the one!

Yes it is. I know some of my friends with dogs took the string off and just used it like a tennis ball, the only difference is that it is much stronger and durable.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.