The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
As some of you may know I have been ill and am in hospital right now about to go for a spinal tap the results from the marrow and bone were negative yeah and start my first bout of chemo.
Has anyone gone thru this was wondering on how Chance may react and am very scared that if it progresses my other half / husband will give him to a fellow worker who has three kids aged 4 - 11 yrs can you imagine trying to get Chance back. Just another worry all though I am positive singing driving them nuts and a constant smile even thru the pain. Gotta go prep Take care of each other hope to get back in touch soon :p:excited::D:D:D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm sorry you're going through all of this and we really miss having you around more. I think Chance loves you beyond words and no matter what would always rather be with you then anyone else on earth, you're his dad and nothing can change that. I hope and pray that everything works out and that you can be home with your Chance again. :pray2:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I hope and pray all goes well for you. Are you afraid chance will be afraid of you going through chemo? I think he will be ok as long as he has you. Dogs have a way of picking up on illness and acting accordingly.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sending all my love & my prayers are constant for you to recover,
regain health and get back home asap! Agree with Phil, best thing
for Chance & Hubby is YOU. Have been looking for this post today
and am happy to see it, Ron, thank you! So many prayers & love
being sent to Heaven on your behalf, I know God hears them and
is with you and for you, Amen!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
OMG! I didn't know you had health problems-where have I been? I have been wondering why you have not been here! I will be praying for you, and worrying about you.
Chance is your son, and he loves you. If your husband loves you-he knows how you love Chance, and will take care of him until you can come home again. GOD Bless you,
and :pray::pray::pray:many,many prayers for a GOOD outcome for you! [MENTION=11086]schimpfy[/MENTION] Come by, when you can and talk to us.
"Believe you can and you're halfway there." TR

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I just wanted to stop by and say that I am sending positive thoughts your way during such a tough time and hoping for everything to go well.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Many prayers to you and your wonderful family. (Your husband better not give that baby away!!)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm also thinking of you and wishing you better days to come. I hope everything will go well with your treatments. Like the others have said, Chance loves u unconditionally. He may sense you are not well and may want to be near you more than usual when you come home from the hospital. Prayers and positive thoughts going your way!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I think you'll both need each other and give each other strength through whatever gets thrown your way. I know that if it weren't for my guys I wouldn't have made it through my struggles. On my worst of days I get out of bed for them. My husband said to me one time that if it wasn't for Henry he didn't know if I would have made it. Even if you're away they give you strength from home as they're always in your heart. You're in my thoughts.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Sorry to read about your troubles. My mother has a dog who was with her while she went through chemo and radiation treatment years ago who I believe helped my mother to keep moving and helped her a lot mentally. That dog stuck by her and you could tell by the way the dog was acting how my mother really felt that day. My mother is tough and too stubborn to let me or my siblings know how she really feels.

Good luck too you and your family through your hard times.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Many prayers your way, if anything I believe Chance will be your rock through this. They know when you are ill or not feeling well, and will be right by your side. The last thing I would think of is him going to a new home. He needs you, and you need him - esp now.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Chance Loves You no matter what happens, He will be by your side Always. Please do not let Chance go to another home, he needs You and You need Him. I am sending Prayers, Love, and Positive Thoughts to You. God Bless You and Chance Always.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
praying for you and your baby.. i know we havent met but i know what your going thru.. just be there for him.. it will help. both of you.. sending prayers.

OP
schimpfy

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Hey gang cant say i want to do that again however it will be done every 6 weeks so 3 -4 more times, full chemo treatment tomorrow see how i do on it then if no problemscan go home.
Return 21 days later and 2-3 days in the hospital for chemo 6 -8 times. Feeling good and keeping positive hard to tell i am one of the patience except the pick in the chest and the beautiful bracelet. Will be in bed all day tomorrow healing so i can go home and cuddle with Chance wearing my mask. Husband explained he said that about Chance so I would fight i was fighting anyway and will always fight. Thank you for all the support it truly helps

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.