ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sorry I've been MIA on hereā€¦ I'm SUPER busy at home and losing my mind!!! :loco2:

Anyhoo Wally had another eye checkup, and he STILL has lashes that need to be removedā€¦ 3 in one eye, and 1 on the other. I'm SO doneā€¦ I told her that we can do it when Ray gets home. I really really HOPE this is the last time we have to go thru thisā€¦ Ugh!!!

I saw a video on FB (The Diva Dogs page) that was talking about cleaning bully foldsā€¦ she takes an unscented baby wipe to wipe them out first, then takes a ketchup bottle (with a tip) filled w/gold's bond powder & neo-predef and puts that in the folds CAREFULLY to avoid the eye and nostril area. I talked to the vet about the neo-predef and I told her what I planned to use it for. She said that was fineā€¦ I was curious if anyone on here had tried that before?!! I'm at my wit's end w/Wally's tear stainsā€¦

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I got some of that neo predef powder for Tate at one point b/c he was having issues with his nose rope. I barely touched the stuff though b/c it was difficult for me to apply it and was a bit messy. That was the main drawback of the powder for me.

That is hard that Wally would need another surgery. Is that definite or will u seek another opinion? I know my vet was talking surgery for Tate too b/c of his excessive tearing in his rt eye but since he had that intestinal issue and i've cut way back on his treats, the tear stains have improved greatly so i'm hoping i can control it via diet and hygiene.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Can they pluck them? Another surgery???? No way, I cant take another surgery!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry I've been MIA on hereā€¦ I'm SUPER busy at home and losing my mind!!! :loco2:

Anyhoo Wally had another eye checkup, and he STILL has lashes that need to be removedā€¦ 3 in one eye, and 1 on the other. I'm SO doneā€¦ I told her that we can do it when Ray gets home. I really really HOPE this is the last time we have to go thru thisā€¦ Ugh!!!

I saw a video on FB (The Diva Dogs page) that was talking about cleaning bully foldsā€¦ she takes an unscented baby wipe to wipe them out first, then takes a ketchup bottle (with a tip) filled w/gold's bond powder & neo-predef and puts that in the folds CAREFULLY to avoid the eye and nostril area. I talked to the vet about the neo-predef and I told her what I planned to use it for. She said that was fineā€¦ I was curious if anyone on here had tried that before?!! I'm at my wit's end w/Wally's tear stainsā€¦

LOVE the neo-predef.... it was my saving grace for Banks and her tail pocket. It also worked wonders on Lambeau's hotspot this week.

Sorry about the Wally Gators eye... can't she just pluck them?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I got some of that neo predef powder for Tate at one point b/c he was having issues with his nose rope. I barely touched the stuff though b/c it was difficult for me to apply it and was a bit messy. That was the main drawback of the powder for me.

That is hard that Wally would need another surgery. Is that definite or will u seek another opinion? I know my vet was talking surgery for Tate too b/c of his excessive tearing in his rt eye but since he had that intestinal issue and i've cut way back on his treats, the tear stains have improved greatly so i'm hoping i can control it via diet and hygiene.

Well I think that is why she mixes that powder w/the gold bond and puts it in a bottle to squirt some in the folds. Wally's folds are bad, and it's because of his eye tearing with those stupid lashesā€¦ Ugh!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

I asked her about plucking them, but the problem is they are his inner eyelashesā€¦ SUPER close to the eye. If she attempted to pluck them he would probably freak out and then of course she could injure the eye. Last time he was under barely 20 minā€¦ she called me before we even made it back to town. I HATE thisā€¦ but I would awful if he loses an eye because of these stupid lashes :(

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holy smokes another surgery. I think the staining is all because of those lashes and once she gets them all out it will drastically improve. Good idea to wait until Ray is back.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
@cali baker @brutus77 @2BullyMama

I asked her about plucking them, but the problem is they are his inner eyelashesā€¦ SUPER close to the eye. If she attempted to pluck them he would probably freak out and then of course she could injure the eye. Last time he was under barely 20 minā€¦ she called me before we even made it back to town. I HATE thisā€¦ but I would awful if he loses an eye because of these stupid lashes :(

whatever you decide, I wish you luck, poor Gatorman

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
After Boeboe's eye operations she got dry eye instead so now we have to give her eye drops... the eye drops causes her eyes to tear a lot so now her tear stains are worse than before. It's impossible to win:facepalm2:

I don't do anything about the tear stains:ashamed: I just wipe her folds dry when it seems wet. Hope you find something that works :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION], is the eyelash removal necessary in a physical sense, like can it potentially cause eye ulcers? if it's the tear stains that's the main concern then i would just say, do what u can to manage w/out the surgery if at all possible.

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Sorry to hear about Wallys eye problems , there's always something with a Bully!! Hope he gets it sorted this time. We clean Dudley's nose fold every other day with Hibiscrub and then use a cotton pad with medicated talc on it, seems to be easier to get the talc near him that way he doesn't like it if he smells it first :D

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde

This issue is part of our daily life with Abbott as most of you know.The eyelashes are a concern for sure because it can cause ulcers.But after having two entropian surgeries and two eyelash removals now its onto Entropion surgery #3 by a different vet who told us the first surgeries didn't correct the problem at all..so I'll be praying for you guys in your journey :)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene, is the eyelash removal necessary in a physical sense, like can it potentially cause eye ulcers? if it's the tear stains that's the main concern then i would just say, do what u can to manage w/out the surgery if at all possible.

Oh I would never consider surgery just for the tear stainsā€¦ the problem is that his eye's bother him because the lashes are irritating, so he's trying to rub his eye's and here comes the ulcers. Honestly it's never ending, and I'm SO done w/it :(

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This issue is part of our daily life with Abbott as most of you know.The eyelashes are a concern for sure because it can cause ulcers.But after having two entropian surgeries and two eyelash removals now its onto Entropion surgery #3 by a different vet who told us the first surgeries didn't correct the problem at all..so I'll be praying for you guys in your journey :)

I'm SO sorry for your poor babyā€¦ that is ridiculous, I really hope that this last surgery helps him.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh I would never consider surgery just for the tear stainsā€¦ the problem is that his eye's bother him because the lashes are irritating, so he's trying to rub his eye's and here comes the ulcers. Honestly it's never ending, and I'm SO done w/it :(

I knew you wouldn't b/c of tear stains only. I didn't realize that lashes could cause so many problems w/our bulldogs. I think in Tate's case it wasn't his lashes but more to do with his eyelids and the way they were shaped so the tears were not draining properly. As a result, he can get these yeast infections b/c of all that moisture in his wrinkles so i'm trying to be as diligent as possible with keeping them dry.

You probably mentioned this already but do you take Walter to an ophthalmologist? i wonder if there are other "options" aside from surgery again.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online