EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Update on the Wallygator...

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    @ddnene, is the eyelash removal necessary in a physical sense, like can it potentially cause eye ulcers? if it's the tear stains that's the main concern then i would just say, do what u can to manage w/out the surgery if at all possible.
    Oh I would never consider surgery just for the tear stains… the problem is that his eye's bother him because the lashes are irritating, so he's trying to rub his eye's and here comes the ulcers. Honestly it's never ending, and I'm SO done w/it

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Christie H View Post
    This issue is part of our daily life with Abbott as most of you know.The eyelashes are a concern for sure because it can cause ulcers.But after having two entropian surgeries and two eyelash removals now its onto Entropion surgery #3 by a different vet who told us the first surgeries didn't correct the problem at all..so I'll be praying for you guys in your journey
    I'm SO sorry for your poor baby… that is ridiculous, I really hope that this last surgery helps him.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Oh I would never consider surgery just for the tear stains… the problem is that his eye's bother him because the lashes are irritating, so he's trying to rub his eye's and here comes the ulcers. Honestly it's never ending, and I'm SO done w/it
    I knew you wouldn't b/c of tear stains only. I didn't realize that lashes could cause so many problems w/our bulldogs. I think in Tate's case it wasn't his lashes but more to do with his eyelids and the way they were shaped so the tears were not draining properly. As a result, he can get these yeast infections b/c of all that moisture in his wrinkles so i'm trying to be as diligent as possible with keeping them dry.

You probably mentioned this already but do you take Walter to an ophthalmologist? i wonder if there are other "options" aside from surgery again.

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    I knew you wouldn't b/c of tear stains only. I didn't realize that lashes could cause so many problems w/our bulldogs. I think in Tate's case it wasn't his lashes but more to do with his eyelids and the way they were shaped so the tears were not draining properly. As a result, he can get these yeast infections b/c of all that moisture in his wrinkles so i'm trying to be as diligent as possible with keeping them dry.

You probably mentioned this already but do you take Walter to an ophthalmologist? i wonder if there are other "options" aside from surgery again.
    WELL the one closest to me is that clinic where I lost Winston… I won't be heading back there

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    WELL the one closest to me is that clinic where I lost Winston… I won't be heading back there
    Exactly what crossed my mind when I read that! Gave me a flashback.....and NOT good.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

7. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member KristaB026's Avatar
    Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Yea, I don't blame you. I also figured you were searching options out, and that had to be a factor. Keep us updated, we are here for you!

9. Likes ddnene liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads