Eating Problem

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
So I thought about posting this up in the food section, but it's really not about food in that way!

Ever since I switched to Fromms, which was quite a while ago, we've had a hard time adjusting to the tiny kibbles. And by we, I mean me and my wife, not Taco! Our feeding bowl is on a carpet, and when he eats, he manages to fling about 15% around the general vicinity of his food bowl, or wherever he ends up while he finishes working them out of his jowls!

I'd like it if from made a larger kibble, but I don't know if it would help much! Does anybody else face this battle daily? I feel like I sweep up about half a cup a day!

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Use a very large bowl. There is plenty of space so the kibble will not fall off the sides.

I wonder if that's the issue. Our bowl is pretty large to start with. Even if we did get a larger bowl, the radius seems to be up to 2 feet, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Frankie does the same thing. Food all over and stuck in his jowls, its pretty funny when he shakes his head and food flies out. He then turns into a Hoover and cleans up!

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Frankie does the same thing. Food all over and stuck in his jowls, its pretty funny when he shakes his head and food flies out. He then turns into a Hoover and cleans up!

Taco is pretty much done when he's done. We could leave his full ration of the day out, and he would only eat when he's hungry. I know it's weird, just the way he is. He's certainly not cleaning the floor when he's done!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He doesn't go around eating them up? Banks was like this, but nothing was ever left behind - she would go looking for what she dropped or 'got away'

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
He doesn't go around eating them up? Banks was like this, but nothing was ever left behind - she would go looking for what she dropped or 'got away'

He doesn't! He could care less. It's possible I just got a messy bulldog?

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Maybe I need another one to clean up :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe I need another one to clean up :p

:2thumbs:

I wonder if you put a tennis ball in his bowl to slow him down would help with the food flinging. When Elsa gets going on her food she eats so fast and furious that they are flying all over the place but Buster cleans it all up after.

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
:2thumbs:

I wonder if you put a tennis ball in his bowl to slow him down would help with the food flinging. When Elsa gets going on her food she eats so fast and furious that they are flying all over the place but Buster cleans it all up after.

He's ball crazy, putting s ball in his food would be like putting a beer in mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Well, the new guy I picked up is also a messy eater, and he doesn't quite eat all his food in one sitting either, so now we have double the kibbles all over the floor, lol. I got a large farm grade tray, and moved their feeding and water station to the bathroom. It's helped with the tray, and the kibbles are easy to sweep up off the tiles.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.