Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are most dogs afraid of EB pups?

Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Default Why are most dogs afraid of EB pups?

There are two jack russell terriers and a chocolate lab on my street and they all seem to be afraid of Chunky. The one jack russell tried to bite attack him and he was sitting beside me while i was standing on the sidewalk talking to its owner who was standing in the street. Both were on a leash. The lab is the only one Chunky tried getting to know and it just avoided him after a quick sniff. He is the most laid back dog ever and hasn't acted in a threatening manner so I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this with their bulldogs

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why are most dogs afraid of EB pups?

I have the same problem, in fact, many EB owners do.

Maybe it's the way the approach them, face to face first instead of first sniffing the butt. Or maybe it's the loud breathing, or the way they look other dogs in the eye can be seen as a challenge. Who knows.. but it's not uncommon.

3. Likes dolphin, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Ginger
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker & Sophie
    Likes (Received)

My mother has two boxers and a Boston Terrier, all of which are rescues. They are older and just do not want to play with baby Bulldogs. That was one reason why I got Sophie as a playmate for Tucker. He wanted to play with them so badly, and they would have nothing to do with them. Now Sophie and Tucker have each other to chew on and fight over toys together.

-tucker-tug-war-jpg-tussle-pear-jpg

Mom of Tucker AND Sophie

5. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama, BREWBADGER liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It is extremely common, most of what I've read is that other breeds mistake the bulldogs heavy breathing with aggressiveness. What ever it is it's irritating.

7. Likes harveyspecter, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

It's common. Annoying, but common. I always try to preface a meeting with "mine are friendly" and then the other dog owner generally will disclose if their dogs don't like Bulldogs.....but there are always the geniuses that don't and their dogs growl....

9. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

I ran into the neighbor that has the Jack Russell that wants nothing more than to bite Chunky this morning while walking him first thing and it tried biting Chunky again. Chunky was laying beside my foot when the other dog decided to attack. I think that dog is just a jerk or for some reason feels threatened.

Chunky just needs to show him up.

11. Likes 2BullyMama, MFrey2012, Texas Carol liked this post
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    I ran into the neighbor that has the Jack Russell that wants nothing more than to bite Chunky this morning while walking him first thing this morning and tried biting him again. Chunky was laying beside my foot when the other dog decided to attack. I think that dog is just a jerk or for some reason feels threatened.

Chunky just needs to show him up.
    He will.
    When mine were younger, they tried to hide behind me when another dog would growl at them.

These days, they no longer take crap. Wellie is my troublemaker and goes after some dogs.
    Blue doesn't let his brother go at it alone and attacked a pit bull for Wellie. Actually had his mouth around the Pits neck. Was horrible.

Chunky will out grow the scared stage. I just hope he doesn't become a bully like mine have.

13. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    He will.
    When mine were younger, they tried to hide behind me when another dog would growl at them.

These days, they no longer take crap. Wellie is my troublemaker and goes after some dogs.
    Blue doesn't let his brother go at it alone and attacked a pit bull for Wellie. Actually had his mouth around the Pits neck. Was horribl

Chunky will out grow the scared stage. I just hope he doesn't become a bully like mine have.
    He doesn't act scared. He just acts like he could care less about the other dog. The first time the two dogs met they sniffed each other then the jack russell ran off then came back to bite him. This morning it waited 5 minutes or so while I talked to its owner before lunging at Chunky. The dogs owner like get mad as hell at his dog.

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    He doesn't act scared. He just acts like he could care less about the other dog. The first time the two dogs met they sniffed each other then the jack russell ran off then came back to try and but him. This morning it waited 5 minutes or so while I talked to its owner before lunging at Chunky. The dogs owner like get mad as hell at his dog.
    If he couldn't care less, that's great. Hopefully he'll stay that way.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

Great thread....Charlie is the same way at four months. Ive never owned a bully until now but Ive never had dog that squares up and won't budge his position/stance when it comes to meeting other dogs when they meet face to face. Its really quite impressive to watch. He's really quite the scardy cat but will only put up with so much at puppy kindergarten class before the bully comes out. Its nice to know that he's totally non-committal before he has to be.-img_0440-jpg

17. Likes Texas Carol, Cali Doll liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mom of Tucker View Post
    My mother has two boxers and a Boston Terrier, all of which are rescues. They are older and just do not want to play with baby Bulldogs. That was one reason why I got Sophie as a playmate for Tucker. He wanted to play with them so badly, and they would have nothing to do with them. Now Sophie and Tucker have each other to chew on and fight over toys together. -tucker-tug-war-jpg-tussle-pear-jpg

Thanks for the pics, so sweet together & looking GOOD!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Melton View Post
    Great thread....Charlie is the same way at four months. Ive never owned a bully until now but Ive never had dog that squares up and won't budge his position/stance when it comes to meeting other dogs when they meet face to face. Its really quite impressive to watch. He's really quite the scardy cat but will only put up with so much at puppy kindergarten class before the bully comes out. Its nice to know that he's totally non-committal before he has to be.-img_0440-jpg

Oh, he's so handsome...great face!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads