Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Macon is home

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

Default Macon is home

We picked Macon up today! Yeah!! She was very sweet and lazy in the car on the ride. Not so docile when we got home around the boys though. I think they'll all be fine in a couple days. Here's my problem... (Why does there always have to be a problem..) She's in terrible shape. She has cysts between almost every toe, some are bleeding. Her nails were so long they were making the cysts split. Her ears are yeasty and her eyes are goopy. She smelled like she hadn't had a bath in months. I'm disturbed at how bad she is. I think I should call the rescue. Hubby says I should watch how I come across and not sound like a B. I think it's appropriate to come across like a B. as she shouldn't be in the shape she's in. Any advice?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg  

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Macon is home

Oh, what a sweet looking girl

Roseann, I'm surprised that the rescue would release her in this shape. I know there will be ongoing health issues that a foster parent will need to tend to while in her/his care, but i would think that the rescue would've trimmed her nails and given her a bath at the very least (?) I would call the Rescue too, mainly to get information from them, not to come on strong or in an attacking sort of way, but to find out what happened.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

when a dogs nails are long it can be painful.. i agree, why would they not at least trim her nails and bath her??? i would be on the phone but when i see a dog that should have simple things like a bath it is uncalled for in my opinion and as i get older my mouth gets a little out of control so i would probably be that b if i called..

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Welcome home, sweet girl! I cannot believe they didn't clean her up for you. What kind of craziness is that?? I'd call!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

It's very strange. The lady who I met was bothered at her nails but I don't think she saw how the rest of her looked. She mentioned that her nails were terrible long and she wished she would have brought her clippers. She picked her up from the foster mom early this morning and I don't think the knew what kind of shape she was in. I hate to be complaining but she is just awful looking. Also, it's a little concerning that she said I'm her 4th home. She is pretty snippy with my guys and I'm thinking that may have been why. I happen to have 3 super sweet dogs so I think they'll just leave her alone but my daughter walked by her and nearly got bitten. She's afraid of her at this point but it's only day 1. I tried to move her earlier and she snapped at me too. I really hope this wasn't a mistake.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Roseann View Post
    It's very strange. The lady who I met was bothered at her nails but I don't think she saw how the rest of her looked. She mentioned that her nails were terrible long and she wished she would have brought her clippers. She picked her up from the foster mom early this morning and I don't think the knew what kind of shape she was in. I hate to be complaining but she is just awful looking. Also, it's a little concerning that she said I'm her 4th home. She is pretty snippy with my guys and I'm thinking that may have been why. I happen to have 3 super sweet dogs so I think they'll just leave her alone but my daughter walked by her and nearly got bitten. She's afraid of her at this point but it's only day 1. I tried to move her earlier and she snapped at me too. I really hope this wasn't a mistake.

Aww sweetie. I'm so sorry. I know this is scary, but I think she needs some time to settle. I totally understand your concerns! **HUGS**
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Well, the evening went much better. Everyone went out to pee together and came in without a problem. The evening was mostly good with barely any issue. She is a sweet girl. She let me give her a bath and trim her nails. I was a little nervous about her nails because her feet are so bad but she didn't even flinch. One dew claw has a pussy sore where it was so long it was digging in and I was sure she would get upset but she never moved. Her gums are very swollen. I'm gonna start brushing her teeth tomorrow. I'm not sure she shouldn't have those bottom teeth pulled. The are in bad shape. I think she will be just fine with us. I'm certain that she needs my lovin.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Poor little girl likely doesn't feel good with all the things going on with her, and with a new home and all, it just sounds like she needs a bit of time to adjust and to feel safe in her new home. @Roseann, you're doing such a beautiful job from the sound of it. I'm glad things went a little more smoothly and I'm rooting for her and for you!

9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Roseanne, God Bless You for Loving and taking care of this Precious Girl, I will Pray for both of you. Love You, Susan and Elmo

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Sending happy and hopeful thoughts to you all!
    I'm surprised you weren't informed of the cysts, ears, and eyes... What if you didn't know how to handle this??

I don't get it, but she's with you now and they made a good decision on that one!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Welcome home Macon! So happy she is safe and going to get lots of love and care
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I'm going to get Macon to the vet soon. Shooting for Wednesday if they have an opening. I just found another raw spot on her. It's on her belly next to her girly parts. It's where she has a loose skin fold. It's about as big as my fist. It's actually 2 spots side by side where they rub together. I got some cholrhexidide but I'm not sure if I dilute it or what exactly so until I read up I don't want to use it. I cleaned her with peroxide yesterday and today. Her paws are really sore so it's kind of hard to do. The belly spot she let me do easy though. I didn't realize she was dragging her girly parts in the dirt when she pees so when I was cleaning her up I found the other spot. Every place I get close to I find some other neglected thing on her. She's old and sore and I don't want to just wrestle her around like I do the others but I think I'm going to have to. I may be able to get all her bad spots under control but I'm not sure. I have a couple things going on mon and tues so wed is the soonest I am able to take her in. I never would have thought it would be so urgent that I needed to bring her in. She was seen on Friday by the rescues vet to get her microchip implanted. I think it's safe to say they didn't look her over. I did email the rescue lady I've been in contact with. She thanked me for letting her know what I had concerns about. She was very nice about everything and it made me feel so much better about letting her know. My only concern now is getting her sores better and getting her to feeling better.

14. Likes cali baker, TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads