It's always something! Regina has big bumps on her side....

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Right when you think you're going to have a relaxing Friday night! A little wine, a good movie, a little scrolling through EBN perhaps. Nooooope.

So the boyfriend calls me and says Regina bumps on her right side. He noticed them when she woke up from a nap. He says they don't look pink and don't seem to bother her. I'm heading home now to check it out.

Maybe an allergic reaction and a little Benadryl will help or maybe an evening trip to the vet......

I'm such a worrier.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439587719.890654.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Right when you think you're going to have a relaxing Friday night! A little wine, a good movie, a little scrolling through EBN perhaps. Nooooope.

So the boyfriend calls me and says Regina bumps on her right side. He noticed them when she woke up from a nap. He says they don't look pink and don't seem to bother her. I'm heading home now to check it out.

Maybe an allergic reaction and a little Benadryl will help or maybe an evening trip to the vet......

I'm such a worrier.

View attachment 90078

Yup, looks like hives to me. Just check under the fur to see....

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It really looks like an allergic reaction and I would do the Benadryl thing. You're so right it always something.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Finn gets those every so often from playing outside. He often gets bitten by bugs.
And yes, there is always something!

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
yes my bull dogs go one from another.. my rocky's tail problem that he had amputated and while it was healing my abbey started limping on her leg.. vet says its just a sprain.. thank goodness... i still have two more to go.. im watching really close.. im the same a worrier also... hope shes ok.. 46045_1419439845039_2471012_nodie and abbey.jpg

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
So they've gotten worse. I called the vet and they said to watch her and make sure she doesn't have difficulty breathing and if she's ok otherwise I should bring her in tomorrow if she still has hives.

My poor baby. She's still super active, and seems to be breathing fine. [emoji17]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439603180.011363.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439603192.377784.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Did you give her Benadryl? What could she have gotten it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Did you give her Benadryl? What could she have gotten it from?

I gave her Benadryl and it still got worse. The vet said not to give her anymore for 6 hours.

I have no idea what she got into. She didn't really play in the grass today and nothing at home had changed. I wonder if she was allergic to something she rubbed up against outside. I just don't know.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I gave her Benadryl and it still got worse. The vet said not to give her anymore for 6 hours.

I have no idea what she got into. She didn't really play in the grass today and nothing at home had changed. I wonder if she was allergic to something she rubbed up against outside. I just don't know.

Good thing is she is breathing fine & acting fine. Tyson got bit my fire ants once & it made him break out in hives. Maybe something bit her, poor baby. They should be able to give her something stronger tomorrow!

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
I worry too Jackie! Bentley had awful hives last week Thursday. He walked over an ant hill...... ugh. Anyway. I took him to the ER because I was worried that the hives would not stop spreading. All they did was give him Benadryl, shot form. I could have given him some at home. I knew about Benadryl just never had to deal with hives. Her side looks just like Bentley did. He was also happy and active, just a bumpy mess. I want to say you guys will be fine but I understand your anxiety! BTW it took three days for his hives to completely fade away.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

How did she do over night? Banks got hives from walking against a bush once

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
when my porkchop got them the more she played the more she got.. she got stung by a bee is what caused hers though.. of course the first time it happened i rushed her to emergency vet.. why do they do this right before you have to leave for work.. my boss is use to me taking off for my animals now.. lol..

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Oh poor Regina and poor you Jackie! My guess is that she got bitten by something, it could have even been a bug in the house. Don't worry too much as long as her breathing is fine. I've had many cases of hives over the years with boxers and Bulldogs, usually due to bug bites. Once, though, I took my son's boxer to doggy day care to be evaluated in preparation for leaving him there for a weekend. He got along with the other dogs (no fighting), but he stayed off to himself all the time (2 hours). When I brought him home, he broke out into hives. I can't be sure that stress caused it, but I'm pretty sure that was it. People can get hives from stress, so I guess dogs can. Also, hives look pretty scary on short haired dogs. I now have a dog with long hair and I'm wondering how I would ever know if he got hives! Anyway, Regina will probably be good as new in a few days!

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
She has even more hives now that it's morning. Yet still the same spunky puppy. The regular vet has me giving her more Benadryl and watching her because she doesn't want to have to give her a steroid shot because she's still a baby. Benadryl still isn't helping so we'll probably head in to see the vet soon. If they were stable or getting better, I would just watch her, but it worries me that they're still appearing.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.