Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's always something! Regina has big bumps on her side....

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: It's always something! Regina has big bumps on her side....

when my porkchop got them the more she played the more she got.. she got stung by a bee is what caused hers though.. of course the first time it happened i rushed her to emergency vet.. why do they do this right before you have to leave for work.. my boss is use to me taking off for my animals now.. lol..

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Oh poor Regina and poor you Jackie! My guess is that she got bitten by something, it could have even been a bug in the house. Don't worry too much as long as her breathing is fine. I've had many cases of hives over the years with boxers and Bulldogs, usually due to bug bites. Once, though, I took my son's boxer to doggy day care to be evaluated in preparation for leaving him there for a weekend. He got along with the other dogs (no fighting), but he stayed off to himself all the time (2 hours). When I brought him home, he broke out into hives. I can't be sure that stress caused it, but I'm pretty sure that was it. People can get hives from stress, so I guess dogs can. Also, hives look pretty scary on short haired dogs. I now have a dog with long hair and I'm wondering how I would ever know if he got hives! Anyway, Regina will probably be good as new in a few days!

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

She has even more hives now that it's morning. Yet still the same spunky puppy. The regular vet has me giving her more Benadryl and watching her because she doesn't want to have to give her a steroid shot because she's still a baby. Benadryl still isn't helping so we'll probably head in to see the vet soon. If they were stable or getting better, I would just watch her, but it worries me that they're still appearing.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g8erjackie View Post
    She has even more hives now that it's morning. Yet still the same spunky puppy. The regular vet has me giving her more Benadryl and watching her because she doesn't want to have to give her a steroid shot because she's still a baby. Benadryl still isn't helping so we'll probably head in to see the vet soon. If they were stable or getting better, I would just watch her, but it worries me that they're still appearing.
    As long as her breathing is not labored and all else is good... The Benadryl just stops the itch.. It could take a day or two for the hives to go away
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Happy to report that she's looking much much better! A few hives left, but not the lumpy mess she was the last few days!

6. Likes Cali Doll, RiiSi, TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Happy to report that she's looking much much better! A few hives left, but not the lumpy mess she was the last few days!
    I'm relieved for you! Sometimes, it really does seem like there is one thing after another. This is the first time in a while that I'm not dealing with vomiting, hot spots, tail pocket infection, allergies, limping, etc. Things are quiet right now. Shhhhhh....

**Hugs to little Regina**
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maude
    Likes (Received)

Maude my six month old, just went through having hives.
    The Vet gave her an antihistamine shot, and it cleared up very fast.
    I think she was stung by a bee because she is always shoving her face into places where it dose not belong.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    As long as her breathing is not labored and all else is good... The Benadryl just stops the itch.. It could take a day or two for the hives to go away
    @2BullyMama said exactly what I was going to....both of my boys have had this even with horribly swollen face, but it went away with no problems. As long as her breathing is fine you can stop worrying.

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member KristaB026's Avatar
    Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    @2BullyMama said exactly what I was going to....both of my boys have had this even with horribly swollen face, but it went away with no problems. As long as her breathing is fine you can stop worrying.
    I just went through this too. So you are saying that even if our bullies look awful and the look of them triggers the scary feeling that they are not ok, as long as they have the right Benadryl and are breathing normal we can ride it out?...based on your experience? I hope that doesn't sound cold. I don't mean it to, but it reads that way to me. Just in case..... I just had to ask your opinion as Bentley is my first bully and I freak out easily with him!

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KristaB026 View Post
    I just went through this too. So you are saying that even if our bullies look awful and the look of them triggers the scary feeling that they are not ok, as long as they have the right Benadryl and are breathing normal we can ride it out?...based on your experience? I hope that doesn't sound cold. I don't mean it to, but it reads that way to me. Just in case..... I just had to ask your opinion as Bentley is my first bully and I freak out easily with him!
    Yeah, I totally overreacted because she's a puppy. After talking to the daytime vet on the phone we have her Benadryl and waited it out. I worry with bullies because they're kind of like tanks and they don't always let us know when something is wrong. Sometimes it also looks worse than it is. For example when Ruckus was little he had puppy warts in his mouth. You just have to wait those out, there is no medication to treat it because it's viral. I rushed him to the vet and wasted $$ on a visit when the warts didn't seem to bother him and eventually went away on their own.

14. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member KristaB026's Avatar
    Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, I totally overreacted because she's a puppy. After talking to the daytime vet on the phone we have her Benadryl and waited it out. I worry with bullies because they're kind of like tanks and they don't always let us know when something is wrong. Sometimes it also looks worse than it is. For example when Ruckus was little he had puppy warts in his mouth. You just have to wait those out, there is no medication to treat it because it's viral. I rushed him to the vet and wasted $$ on a visit when the warts didn't seem to bother him and eventually went away on their own.
    I love this site and all of you! I feel like the more you experience with the bullies the easier it gets?! Haha... maybe not "easier" but live and learn It's like raising little squishy hairy children!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KristaB026 View Post
    I love this site and all of you! I feel like the more you experience with the bullies the easier it gets?! Haha... maybe not "easier" but live and learn It's like raising little squishy hairy children!
    Exactly, and just like with skin-kids... the first is at the doctor for everything, then second, eh, not so much
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads