Started with a limp

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Tonight just out of nowhere Ruby started with a limp in her back right leg, she was asleep on my knee and when she climb down she had quite a bad limp in her back leg I initially thought she'd lead funny and it had gone abit numb I gave it a good rub to try and get the blood flowing again, checked her paw couldn't see anything in there, I managed to get her a last minute appointment at the vet (their open till 8pm) who prescribed anti-inflammatorys and cage rest for a week and a follow up visit once the course of inflammatorys are finish I can't think for the life of me what she's done and I'm praying the tablets and cage rest sort it...as now I'm worry about it.

I've been at home with her all day and she's been completely fine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Might just be a muscle pull... the rest should help. Keep close eye and if it gets worse then back to the vet. sometimes, they will limp a few days and then, bang all is good after a few days of rest

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Might just be a muscle pull... the rest should help. Keep close eye and if it gets worse then back to the vet. sometimes, they will limp a few days and then, bang all is good after a few days of rest

I'm hoping its that and nothing else......she didn't yelp or anything when she did it and she wasn't bothered when the vet manipulated it so hoping it will get better in a few days I'm such a worrier when it comes to her as she's like my kid..........i wouldn't mind that normally she bombs it around the house like a raving loon and never done anything like this but gets up off my knee from resting and hurts her leg typical

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I hope that Ruby just did something minor, like a strain or muscle pull that she will recover from quickly. When Frank was about 1, he strained a muscle and it was pretty minor. We got him some anti-inflammatories from the vet and made sure to keep him from strenuous activities and jumping. Every time Frank has had something wrong, even minor, I worry like crazy! So you are definitely not alone in that! :yes:

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
I hope that Ruby just did something minor, like a strain or muscle pull that she will recover from quickly. When Frank was about 1, he strained a muscle and it was pretty minor. We got him some anti-inflammatories from the vet and made sure to keep him from strenuous activities and jumping. Every time Frank has had something wrong, even minor, I worry like crazy! So you are definitely not alone in that! :yes:

Thank-you biogirl she seems to be walking abit better on it this morning..we had her on cage rest all last night from getting back from the vets so I'm thinking maybe it was just a muscle pull or something along them lines...I'm still going to carry on with our vets advice of cage rest for the rest of the week I don't want to aggravate it any more then it already is although I don't think Ruby's happy about this cage rest (she's currently lead in there sulking with her back to me lol )..... I'm the same the slightest thing with her and I worry like crazy I worry more about her then I think I do about anything else.......jeez these Bulldogs know how to give us grey hairs :)

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
this very same thing happened to my abbey.. she would not put her foot down.. as soon as i put harness on her to take her to vet shes walking fine, i still take her though and you could barely tell she had a limp. vet checked her out and felt everywhere didnt find anything, said same thing. make her rest it.. as soon as we get home shes holding it up again,, shes better now.. yesterday it was just a slight limp but im still not letting her over do it to much.. take care ruby..

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
[MENTION=295]punky[/MENTION] what you described is pretty much what happened with Ruby..she seems better now as she's weight bearing a lot better on it and the limp is only ever so slightly now strange how they both done pretty much the same thing I feel tight on rubes cause she's wanting to play and get up on the couch but I won't let her as I don't want her over doing it ....hope your girls better now

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
she is.. thanks but i think i am more careful with her now.. she will run and jump off the porch like someone left the gate open..lol.. i told my husband he needs to build a ramp so she wont jump.. lol.. gotta love them furbabies

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Glad she's okay now.....Haha Ruby will bomb round the house at 100miles an hour dive on and off the sofa trying to catch flys etc that why I was so surprised she'd hurt herself just getting up from resting on my knee.....they certainty know how to worry us that's for sure

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online