cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Finn was recently diagnosed w/hip dysplasia after he fell down on concrete while jumping for a toy. He's to be on "bed rest" (very challenging, btw!) for two weeks. Once he gets better and after the 2wk period is over I would like him to come sleep on my bed again. Right now he's on a floor mattress. But my bed is rather high and he usually climbs on an ottoman to reach the bed. I don't think that is even good for him now that i think about it so i'm looking at other options.

Do you use some sort of stairs or "step-up" for your bullies to reach the bed? please share!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yes. I have three sets currently.
These are the ones I have: Lucky Cat Heavy Duty 2 Step Pet Stair & Reviews | Wayfair
I also have them in the 3 step version.

Love that they're carpeted so they don't slip, and very durable. They support something like 200lbs so I've used them as a step stool for me as well..lol..

Don't let the name "lucky cat" fool you, they're for dogs.
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] here's a pic I just took. It's crappy but you can still see what it looks like. This one is in grey. View attachment 90069

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Very nice! I like how they are carpeted b/c the ones I have seen are slippery. I'm definitely going to take a look at this one. Thanku [MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] :)

Ninanet

Aug 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dovie
Thanks this is something I have been worried about . Dovie flings herself right up anywhere . Sometimes she makes it and sometimes she crashes . It's like a ton of bricks coming at ya . I ( don't laugh ) put the mattress on the floor and was planning to put it back up when she was strong enough to get up , but now I'm going to get those steps then put it back . I'm often surprised by her solid fireplug body style .

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I took for granted how the boys can just jump up and down the bed, the sofa, etc...until Finn got hurt. Now i realize how much more careful they need to be so i think these stairs are a great investment!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION], what do they mean by "hinged"...it cost extra per step for that. Is that what the photo shows and i wonder what the disadvantage would be if it was unhinged. Just wondering.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@nycbullymama, what do they mean by "hinged"...it cost extra per step for that. Is that what the photo shows and i wonder what the disadvantage would be if it was unhinged. Just wondering.

I'm not sure, but mine aren't (I chose "none") and I can't say I miss anything.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
  • 51gN-WL0DnL._SX425_.jpg

Click to open expanded view [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] This one is on Amazon, and in my opinion it is the most practical, as some dogs like the ramp,some the steps, and you can also put it out of the way, if needed. Just my opinion-and another option. My sons dogs would not use the steps,but they liked the ramp.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.