BreakfastAtMe

Jun 21, 2015
North Dakota
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Churchill
Wow... It's been an amazing!! I brought Churchill home a few days ago and he certainly has kept me busy! He is almost 12 weeks old, 21.5 lbs, and so much fun! The first night in a kennel was interesting... But he has gotten a lot better since then. Last night he did not cry at all and today, every time he falls asleep, I put him in the kennel and he does not mind and will sit in there when he wakes without whining...yay!! A few accidents in the house, which I expected, but today has been accident free. He loves to chase my cats and they are slowly warming up to him. He does get a lot of discharge in his eyes after he sleeps and also gets hiccups. I hear this is commen? He also has some redness in one eye. Our vet gave us Benadryl but I have not tried it yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 172

Brian Melton

Aug 8, 2015
Bucks County, Pa.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Churchill's experience sounds just like Charlies at his age. Charlie is now four months and he's experienced the same symptoms, allergies(especially the right eye for discharge) the vet gave him eye drops. Hiccups are commonplace from what the vet told me, we did use Benadryl but only briefly because it made Charlie loopy even with half doses.IMG_0446.JPG

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Churchill's experience sounds just like Charlies at his age. Charlie is now four months and he's experienced the same symptoms, allergies(especially the right eye for discharge) the vet gave him eye drops. Hiccups are commonplace from what the vet told me, we did use Benadryl but only briefly because it made Charlie loopy even with half doses.View attachment 90061

...that picture...
:luv:

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
What are you feeding Churchill? My Tucker was eating Wellness Core for puppies, and he got yeast infections in both ears. I changed him to Taste of the Wild, which has no chicken, and he has done marvelously.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Wow... It's been an amazing!! I brought Churchill home a few days ago and he certainly has kept me busy! He is almost 12 weeks old, 21.5 lbs, and so much fun! The first night in a kennel was interesting... But he has gotten a lot better since then. Last night he did not cry at all and today, every time he falls asleep, I put him in the kennel and he does not mind and will sit in there when he wakes without whining...yay!! A few accidents in the house, which I expected, but today has been accident free. He loves to chase my cats and they are slowly warming up to him. He does get a lot of discharge in his eyes after he sleeps and also gets hiccups. I hear this is commen? He also has some redness in one eye. Our vet gave us Benadryl but I have not tried it yet.

Such a cutie pie!

OP
BreakfastAtMe

BreakfastAtMe

Jun 21, 2015
North Dakota
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Churchill
The breeder had him on 4health but I have started switching to Nature's Variety Instinct. Thought I would feed him that for a while but it is a bit more expensive than other brands so I think I will switch him after a bit to another brand. I've been debating between Fromm and Taste of The Wild, so glad to hear it's working well for you!

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Churchill's experience sounds just like Charlies at his age. Charlie is now four months and he's experienced the same symptoms, allergies(especially the right eye for discharge) the vet gave him eye drops. Hiccups are commonplace from what the vet told me, we did use Benadryl but only briefly because it made Charlie loopy even with half doses.View attachment 90061

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
The breeder had him on 4health but I have started switching to Nature's Variety Instinct. Thought I would feed him that for a while but it is a bit more expensive than other brands so I think I will switch him after a bit to another brand. I've been debating between Fromm and Taste of The Wild, so glad to hear it's working well for you!

Here is a link to food ratings that we recommend… Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor

I use Fromm's for my baby, but TOTW is a great food as well. It can be trial/error w/these guys and food. Good luck!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
A lot of what you are explaining could be from teething... I would not switch foods just yet, wait till after 6 mths and see how he is.... unless of course it gets worse.

these puppy pictures are beyond adorable

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.