3/4 EB 1/4 olde english

madteg2001

Mar 2, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
What do you guys think. we are thinking of getting one... any tips or suggestions

thank you

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
It is a preference really. When you have a bit of Olde English mixed in, there is usually less breathing issues because their snouts are a bit longer.. Just keep in mind any type of mixing is not a 50/50 shot and all of the warnings for breathing, allergies, heat and what not, still apply. They could still have all the sensitivites of a purebred. My Brutus is mixed with Olde English and while he does not have breathing issues, he is full of allergies and OCD and all the bully traits. My Frankie is a Victorian Bulldog which means he is American Bulldog x English Bulldog and he is super heat sensitive and has a windpipe the size of a wide straw. Any bulldog mix will require the usual bulldog precautions. Brutus is the one sitting by the couch and Frankie is laying down, aren't they adorable?? I'm sorry, I can't help it, I love them like crazy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is a preference really. When you have a bit of Olde English mixed in, there is usually less breathing issues because their snouts are a bit longer.. Just keep in mind any type of mixing is not a 50/50 shot and all of the warnings for breathing, allergies, heat and what not, still apply. They could still have all the sensitivites of a purebred. My Brutus is mixed with Olde English and while he does not have breathing issues, he is full of allergies and OCD and all the bully traits. My Frankie is a Victorian Bulldog which means he is American Bulldog x English Bulldog and he is super heat sensitive and has a windpipe the size of a wide straw. Any bulldog mix will require the usual bulldog precautions. Brutus is the one sitting by the couch and Frankie is laying down, aren't they adorable?? I'm sorry, I can't help it, I love them like crazy.

GREAT info/insight!! :up:

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Exactly what Brutus wrote. I was told my frank is 3/4 EB and 1/4 beagle. But he still has a ton of the health issues people often associate with EBs. It's all a crapshoot! :)

rayneman

Feb 23, 2015
Rocky River, Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Our Lucy is 3/4 EB and 1/4 Olde EB. She is our first Bulldog, and thus I have no real reference or benchmark vs. a 100% EB other than pics or seeing one in my travels.

She is 8 months old and weighs 39 lbs. By looking at her, the only thing that I notice that seems slightly different than other EB puppies is that she has a smaller waist and seems slightly more muscular and less "tubby" than other EBs that I've seen. However, she keeps changing so who knows what she will end up looking like. Her temperament is just wonderful and her goal at all times is to be as close to us as possible, and by close, I mean on top of. She is a lovely little (at the moment) dog and we adore her.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
What do you guys think. we are thinking of getting one... any tips or suggestions

As these excellent responses warn, it's all a crapshoot and really, as Rosalie said, comes down to preference.
If you've not owned (snicker ;) they own us) a bulldog before, you might stay here and research the articles
under Forum. Keep in mind, some bulldogs never have any problems at all, some live many years more than
8-9 years. All of them require daily upkeep, indoor life under AC, good quality kibble & tolerance for shedding.
Oh, they require companionship most of all, they are incredibly devoted! Keep us updated & Good luck!

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
We have Wheezie she is 1/2 English and 1/2 French.And Abbott is fullblood OE and has had eye and leg issues so nothing is 100%.Wheezie has had her mares widened and that's it knock on wood.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.