any ideas

harley 83

Jul 27, 2015
Rome ga
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
zilia
Wife wants to take kids camping at the end of the month it should be in the mid 80s in the day and low to mid 70's at night they will be a lake for zilia to get in and cool down my question is do ya'll think she will be ok in that weather

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
We take Dually camping all the time. Since he doesn't like to be in the camper by himself we take his pool with us, that way he can get in and cool off anytime he gets to hot. We also keep the air on in the camper so if it does get way to hot for him he can go inside and cool off. We have never had an issue even when it was up in the 90's. Other than that we just keep a close eye on him to make sure he's not getting to hot but he does tolerate the heat well.

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I'm sure it'll be fine! Love Buffym's idea of bringing a kiddie pool in case she gets too hot. Just watch her the whole time and make sure she has plenty of water. You can also get a cooling vest that you can dip in water and it stays cold for hours! I'm sure that'll help a lot. And be sure to bring a life jacket for safety near the lake! Have fun!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
will you have an RV or just tents? I'd be concerned about the level of humidity if just using tents.... RV you can turn on the air for her

OP
harley 83

harley 83

Jul 27, 2015
Rome ga
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
zilia
Tents but I don't plan on putting her in a tent was thinking of hanging a trap in trees for shad and if it rains and taking her crate

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with the others, I wouldn't chance it if you don't have AC available. It would be too long to be in the sun and heat all day even with shade and cool water. Maybe you could have someone stay at your place and house sit with her.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
If no AC & humidity in GA (it's not just the heat), I wouldn't chance it.
Heat stroke happens so fast once they overheat, would never get him
to a Vet in time.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I think it would depend on how she handles the heat outside. Is she always inside? Only out to potty? Do you take walks and regular outside play times that last more than a few minutes? I think I would take Henry. He handles the heat well and stays out for long playtimes frequently. You could always take car rides if you are worried and have the emergency plan to take her home. I wish I would have taken Henry on this vacation. I'm pretty sure he'll be on the next!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
As a breed, they require a cool environment.
It's way too risky to take them anywhere with heat and/or humidity and not have a quick way of cooling them down. Why chance it?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I agree, I would not chance it if there will not be ac available.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If it's as hot in Georgia, as it is here-you would be taking a big risk, bringing your baby with you. Not worth the risk at all.:ohmy::no:

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
There are times when we go camping that we can not run the A/C, however, we always have at least 4 fans going inside the camper. Dually tolerates the heat and humidity very well and is outside for long periods of time. Like I said, we have the kiddy pool filled at all times, water for him to drink and shade. If its just unbearable outside we put him inside with the A/C or Fans blowing on him. I know he doesn't look like it but he is a very active bulldog! Hope this helps!!

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
We have camped several times this summer, but only if temps are lower than eighty. We are tent campers until our vintage Shasta trailer is finished with its from the frame up rebuild. There won't be a generator or AC on it. We take a ton of old towels, spray bottles, misting bottles, extra water and ice, cooling collars and the cool a roo mat. They do fine.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.