Pet camera

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Hey y'all anyone recommend a pet camera that I can easily view on my phone while I'm not home. There's so many and I don't know which one that works well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] ... she uses vuzone and loves it.
We have one, but i know nothing about it and the b/f is still hooking it up :facepalm:

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
I have several Foscams around my house, I love them. I love them because they have tons of support online and you can use different software for them not just the one that the camera comes with

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We have cameras through our alarm company. But I've heard dropcams at great!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I use Foscams also.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439405568.195602.jpg

I spy on the dogs when I'm not home!

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have several Foscams around my house, I love them. I love them because they have tons of support online and you can use different software for them not just the one that the camera comes with

Which one should I get? There's few on Amazon and I read reviews and freaks me out a bit loo

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Any particular one you suggest? I get so worried leaving them even if just for few hours

I have the Foscam FI8910W, but I think there is an updated model now. I will say the initial setup can be a bit tricky, but once you're past any tech issues it works great.

It gives me a lot of peace of mind when I'm not home and it's helpful to know if they're passed out sleeping so I don't rush home to snoring.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have the Foscam FI8910W, but I think there is an updated model now. I will say the initial setup can be a bit tricky, but once you're past any tech issues it works great.

It gives me a lot of peace of mind when I'm not home and it's helpful to know if they're passed out sleeping so I don't rush home to snoring.

That's how I am! I always rush home. Do I need an SD card in able to view it on my iPhone ?

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's web based so you can open a website in safari or whatever browser and its password protected or you can buy the app.

Awesome. Thanks so much!

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
I have and HIGHLY suggest [h=1]Foscam FI9831P Plug and Play 960P HD H.264 Wireless/Wired Pan/Tilt IP Camera, 26-Feet Night Vision and 70 Degree Viewing Angle (Black)[/h]
it was super easy to setup and start using it, here were the steps to get it up and running to view on my iphone

1. Open box
2. Screw on antennae
3. Plug camera into eletrical outlet
4. download foscam app, create account
5. Scan the code on the base of the camera to add it to your foscam account
6. Entered Wifi details from the app
7. done

it was SUPER easy to setup, no configuring port forwards or messing with my router, the picture is awesome too

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have and HIGHLY suggest [h=1]Foscam FI9831P Plug and Play 960P HD H.264 Wireless/Wired Pan/Tilt IP Camera, 26-Feet Night Vision and 70 Degree Viewing Angle (Black)[/h]
it was super easy to setup and start using it, here were the steps to get it up and running to view on my iphone

1. Open box
2. Screw on antennae
3. Plug camera into eletrical outlet
4. download foscam app, create account
5. Scan the code on the base of the camera to add it to your foscam account
6. Entered Wifi details from the app
7. done

it was SUPER easy to setup, no configuring port forwards or messing with my router, the picture is awesome too

Thank you! Only worried about these things are hackers. It's pretty safe and can add our own password and such?

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
Thank you! Only worried about these things are hackers. It's pretty safe and can add our own password and such?

Yes, DO NOT leave the default username or passwords on the camera, make a good password for both your foscam account and also the camera itself. make sure you also have your wifi password protected

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.